Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Apartments.comApptopiaInmanNewsRealtor.comRedfinStatisticsTruliaZillow

Top Five Real Estate Apps by Download: Zillow, Realtor.coom, Trulia and ...12803

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Source: Apptopia | 14 August 2020

Hi All,

Above are the Top Five Real Estate Apps by Download, according to Apptopia today (14 August 2020).

Zillow app achieves highest engagement in its lifetime, according to Apptopia today (14 August 2020). (Please see chart below).

"Yesterday, August 13, the Zillow ($ZG) app achieved its highest number of daily active users (DAU) in its lifetime with 2.17 million. The app also saw a record number of app sessions (just under 6 million), and its daily downloads were the highest they've been since 2017 (about 54,000). This comes just after Zillow reported an impressive Q2 and exceeded earnings expectations," according to Apptopia today (14 August 2020).

While Matterport offers syndication (publishes) to Realtor.com and Trulia (and, my impression, is sort of via Apartments.com), seems like it needs to offer syndication to Zillow and Redfin too.

For all other 3D/360 platforms that are interested in the real estate space, offering easy publishing to these platforms seems essential.

I wonder if the News Corp. (Realtor.com, Trulia) investment precludes Matterport from doing deals Zillow and others?

Your thoughts?

Dan

Source: Apptopia | 14 August 2020
Post 1 IP   flag post
douglahu private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport won't syndicate to Zillow anytime soon.

Zillow has it's own 3D tour system.

If the MLS has a slot for "virtual" tours, the agent puts it in there.

Zillow does not promote it because it competes with their system.

Redfin will display a 3D icon if there is a Matterport, etc. in the virutal tour slot.

As much as people think that Zillow is the top dog, we find that before COVID, it was a toss up as to people using Zillow or Redfin apps.

You get a skewed view if you're only a photographer.

When you're a broker doing the 3D tours, you find out what's important and what's not.

Problem is that agents don't want to pay for all the bells and whistles.

In todays market, if your home is on the market longer than a week, you're overpriced.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jen_ishayoga private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't had the chance to do my research yet but I'm intrigued by Asteroom and what it potentially offers to both the photographer and the RE marketplace.

I briefly dabbled with Cloudpano's lifetime membership which includes free virtual tour hosting for life. I also liked that it has an in-tour scheduler that allows the agent and the buyer to do a remote walk through together. I will probably go back to CP in the future for other types of jobs. I ultimately ended up canceling because it doesn't cater to the 3D experience of Matterport.

I'm very excited to see a quality alternative to Matterport. I think my overall takeaway is that it's nice to have options over simply choosing Zillow's 3D or a Matterport package. While both groups are racing to the top, the photographer needs to both benefit and be able to deliver a contemporary package. Based on the releases I've seen from Zillow + Matter - I have yet to see either truly empower the photographer.

Doug's point is on - realtors and investors will naturally lean to what makes sense for their market. Without the right tools and price points - good-enough, fast-enough, and cheap-enough will win. Who knows if MP or Zillow even have a seat in that game.🤪

~jen
Post 3 IP   flag post
101425 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?