Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcasebugCapture App

Capture App Keeps Crashing1277

GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
This is a problem which I thought went away but it hasn't. At around 165 the capture app keeps crashing, that is it transfers to my iPad and then begins to align but crashes out and shuts down the capture app. The 165 is the number of attempts on the mini floor plan but actual scans was 135.

In the past I've found if I shoot the scene again it will take but this time no chance. In the past I also has to reboot both my iPad and camera and then it would work but this time no such luck.

I even copied the model and deleted some scans thinking that perhaps this new update has an issue with 135 but no luck what so ever. This of course is going to cost me another days shot which is the fault of MP as there was no alignment issues or stability issues just an app crash.

I plan on entering support ticket but I have to wait for the job to render which is now approaching 5 hours since uploaded. The previous version of this shoot which included the first 4 floor only took 2 hours to render so I'm hoping that I've not come across a problem that can't be resolved as the last scan before the app bombing out took just fine.

As seen as it's been rendered I'll post the job here and submit a support ticket. Stay tuned
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@GarySnyder

Ugh! I encourage you to open a support ticket even before the job finishing processing.

Seems like an algorithm may have changed about how alignment is done. I wish Pros had the option to specify which scan to align to (as we did in July 2014).

For those following the discussion in this thread, it may be helpful to know that Matterport Capture App was updated two days ago (8 February 2016).

For Everyone Else

If you have not updated to the latest version of the Matterport Capture app, you may want to hold off until @GarySnyder hears back from Matterport Support on this ...

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan, I just tried to go to https://matterportsupport.zendesk.com and it won't accept my password so I requested a new one by entering my email address and nothing has happen from MP it's now been 5 min and no response.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GarySnyder

support@matterport.com

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GarySnyder

I left a message for Matterport Support (650-641-2241 9,4) asking them to review this thread post and to please either post here or get back to you or I.

[Support is extension 9. Then 4 is for a Pro in the midst of a shoot experiencing problem. I ended up in a mailbox.]

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks I contact them now as it's been 10 min now and no email on resetting my password.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Just left a details message and submitted a details email so as soon as i hear something I'll post it here.

Dan thank you for your quick response in helping out in this matter.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Gary Snyder
Feb 10, 12:17 PM
MP Support

This is a problem which I thought went away but it hasn't. At around 165 the capture app keeps crashing, that is it transfers to my iPad and then begins to align but crashes out and shuts down the capture app. The 165 is the number of attempts on the mini floor plan but actual scans was 135.

In the past I've found if I shoot the scene again it will take but this time no chance. In the past I also have rebooted both my iPad and camera and then it would work but this time no such luck.

I even copied the model and deleted some scans thinking that perhaps this new update has an issue with 135 but no luck what so ever. This of course is going to cost me another days shot which is the fault of MP as there was no alignment issues or stability issues just an app crash.

I plan on entering support ticket but I have to wait for the job to render which is now approaching 5 hours since uploaded. The previous version of this shoot which included the first 4 floor only took 2 hours to render so I'm hoping that I've not come across a problem that can't be resolved as the last scan before the app bombing out took just fine.

I want to enter a support ticket on https://matterportsupport.zendesk.com but it want take my password. Now I requested a new one 10 min ago and have not received an reset email from MP.
Please get back to me ASAP

Regards
Gary Snyder
Post 8 IP   flag post
FYI: I do not have the most recent capture app that was released on the 8th of Feb so this problem has occurred with version 2.1.5 (299.10365)
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GarySnyder
FYI: I do not have the most recent capture app that was released on the 8th of Feb so this problem has occurred with version 2.1.5 (299.10365)

Ah! Good to know. It will be interesting to hear if the updated Capture app fixes the issue you have identified.

Hopefully, you'll hear soon on this topic.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Still nothing from MP
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GarySnyder

1. Which version of iOS are you running?
2. Which iPad?
3. Amount of unused space?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
1. 9.2.1 (13D15)
2. iPad Air
3. 2.4 GB
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Repeating this here ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GarySnyder

@GarySnyder Please let us know when you hear back from MP.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
Marcus

This is not a satisfactory answer. I and everyone else who is on the We Get Around forum want to know what has happen to my job. I expect you as a support person to have an answer not to tell me to download the new version of the capture app.

Please tell me what is happening as this has cost me a loss of a days pay as well as an embarrassment with my customer and potentially every other MP user out could have the same problem.

Please give me an answer or do I need to exculpate this to Scott.

Regards
Gary

From: Marcus F (Matterport Support) [mailto:support@matterport.com]
Sent: 10 February 2016 21:42
To: Gary Snyder
Subject: [Matterport Support] Re: MP Capture App Crashed

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (3948) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Marcus F (Matterport Support)
Feb 10, 1:42 PM
Hello Gary,

I see that you have version 2.1.5 (299.10365) of the Capture App. I recommend downloading and upgrading the new Capture app from the App store. Please let me know after you've done this and if it improves your experience.

Warm Regards,
Marcus F
Matterport Support
Post 16 IP   flag post
should had been expidite
Post 17 IP   flag post
Marcus

Yes as I’ve left a voice mail for a support call over an hour ago.

Sent: 10 February 2016 21:56

Your request (3948) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Feb 10, 1:55 PM
Hello again Gary,

Updating the Capture App a first step to take in this instance, as the changes to the app may improve your experience. If updating the app doesn't result in any positive change we can begin looking at other root causes. Please let me know when you've updated to the newest version of Capture and if anything changes on your end. If you prefer a phone call we can speak with you directly as well.

Best,

Marcus
Post 18 IP   flag post
When is someone going to call me or do you want me to call you, it is now 22.15 here in the UK

Sent: 10 February 2016 21:56

Feb 10, 1:55 PM
Hello again Gary,

Updating the Capture App a first step to take in this instance, as the changes to the app may improve your experience. If updating the app doesn't result in any positive change we can begin looking at other root causes. Please let me know when you've updated to the newest version of Capture and if anything changes on your end. If you prefer a phone call we can speak with you directly as well.

Best,

Marcus
Post 19 IP   flag post
My model is still showing it's processing and it's now been almost 8 hours. Again this is the same model that processed yesterday in 2 hours. The only difference is some additional scans.

I'm still waiting for a call from MP.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Just finished a call with support and no one is quite sure why it happen but if it happens again I'm going to go through a series of steps to trouble shoot the problem. One thought is the bright light through the windows on the top floor but this is just light there is not IR as the sun is on the opposite side of the building.

Anyway I'll update the to the Feb 8th version of the capture app and pickup from scan 134 which is on the 5th level where the problem occurred. I still have 2 more levels to shoot.

This is what I've shot up to now;

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=dFenDZB6RqB
Post 21 IP   flag post
WashingtonState360 private msg quote post Address this user
That is an interesting location/project. It was fun going through that tunnel too.

Thank you for sharing it as it is. And I'm looking forward to your entire finished virtual tour!
Post 22 IP   flag post
101429 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?