Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaFTPKuulaPlatformsSwitch

"What happens to my 360 virtual tours when I switch platforms?"12593

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @thereal360
besides GSV. How do platforms generally behave when you part ways...

let's say i wanna use Kuula for now, but decide to switch to a different platform. I literally don't have the 360 files downloaded, but just on their hosting platform. Do they usually take them down? I am just wondering how the impact to clients would be and how you would explain that to them.

Hi All,

This question moved from here.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
PaulM private msg quote post Address this user
If you're paying fees to setup and host your tours and you stop paying - why would you expect any company to keep hosting? Different sites use different software so downloading from one to another isn't viable even if it was possible - that's why I'm leaning toward 3dVista - I have the finished tour that they can hose but I can also

I think there is one platform that has a $10 lifetime fee.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
All platforms give you a quick start with good looking products and many useful integrations.

But after 5 years in the 360 and VR business I would never go for platforms again. All your time that you invest in a platform like kuula will be lost as soon as you stop paying. Same with Matterport.

If you invest more time in the beginning and build your own platform with software, self hosting and some support from Dan's forum, you will be your own boss and a better partner for your clients.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages "build your own platform" you mean use a software where you can download your product like 3dvista...
That means you don't use the 3dVista annual hosting service and host your own tours for all clients?
Thanks
Alex
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@thereal360 yes, I switched to self-hosting. It's easy if you know how to upload via ftp.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101636 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?