Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ADA CompliantBarnes Creative StudiosMatterport

Who Could Be a Target of an ADA Compliant Lawsuit?12484

Atlanta
BarnesCreative private msg quote post Address this user
Some industries are ripe and being attacked with digital ADA compliant lawsuits. Could your customer be in a target industry? If they are, they will be coming to you for help. @DanSmigrod and I break it down in this series about ADA compliance with virtual tours: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQc6WVHqZNOCoxC7UDlM6O6tZXlpXhz1z
Post 1 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
I spoke with my attorney and he said, due to the lack of specific guidance with regards to interactive virtual tours, and that the technology is "specialized," you are compliant if you simply add an alt tag to your embed that describes the element content.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=xxxxxxxxxxx" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen allow="xr-spatial-tracking" alt="Matterport visual interactive tour of a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home located at 123 Any Street Anytown FL 12345." ></iframe>

This would be considered a reasonable accommodation under current guidelines. Virtual tours are not video content and therefore not considered "time-based media" for the purpose of compliance, so those rules would not apply.

There is currently no W3C guidance for any virtual tour content beyond alt tags. In most cases, tours are embedded on pages that already contain detailed information about the property, which is also sufficient under the guidelines as an alternative descriptive source. He said he is not aware of any cases of website ADA compliance suits brought against anyone for Matterport or other Virtual Tour-type content.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic Member
Boston
Noddy private msg quote post Address this user
@ immersive spaces, thank you for investigating and sharing that info!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@immersivespaces he is talking about this https://ace.accessibe.com/?website=immersivespaces.co

versus https://ace.accessibe.com/?website=nailsoupmedia.com
Post 4 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain He's talking about virtual tours specifically.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Oh because he has enough posts about that here already I thought he got to the more pressing issue of the website of the business which you will get a lawsuit on that before you will on one Matterport scan. I guess he should jump in and let us know
Post 6 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@immersivespaces https://youtu.be/6VSdlLgVEZg?t=120 is what he is really talking about :-)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
NAR legal counsel confirms

Post 8 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain Right, and what I'm saying is that you can add the alt tag to your embed and that makes the Matterport tour compliant under the current guidelines. No one is saying that the rest of your site doesn't need to be compliant, just that this is one way to make the virtual tour specifically compliant.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Atlanta
First and foremost the website itself has to be compliant followed by the virtual tour. Alt tags are not enough with a virtual tour. It’s a very complicated topic and i suggest you read more at ADA.gov and also consult with an attorney who specializes in this area. A virtual tour with only alt tags would fail an audit through any reputable company that does these compliance reviews.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Atlanta
@glenntremain I clarify several times that we are talking about virtual tours specifically. I also call out during the series that if a website isn’t compliant then the virtual tour status is irrelevant because the site would fail from the get go.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101641 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?