Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
24/7 Open House Virtual ToursInmanNewsSafetyStatistics

6% of buyers find home they purchase via open houses/yard signs combined12334

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Inman (24 June 2020) Stop letting strangers into your listings! A call to end open houses

"Very few homes are actually sold at opens (stop right now with your one-off examples of where it’s happened). According to the NAR’s 2019 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, a whopping 6 percent of buyers find the home they purchase via open houses and yard signs combined," reports Inman.

"Thanks to the marvels of the internet, your listing is virtually open 24 hours a day, seven days a week to anyone on the planet with an internet connection. Opening the physical doors for a couple hours on Sunday afternoon is insignificant compared to the potential exposure of the internet," reports Inman.

"Open houses are old-school. In 2001, 15 percent of buyers found a home via yard sign and open houses, while 8 percent found their home on the internet. Last year, the yard sign and open had dropped to 6 percent, and the internet exploded to 52 percent. Something about that always on, “virtual open” works, and it works quite well," reports Inman.

Source: Inman

---

From the WGAN Forum Discussion:

Question of the Day: Any concerns for your safety on a Matterport shoot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhscott
According to NAR, only about 6% of properties are sold as a result of an open house. Agents hold them because their client believes it helps and to mine buyer leads who are not already represented by a buyer’s agent. On-site opens are not worth the risk to the agent or their client’s property. For this CCW agent, it’s a virtual open or none at all.

----

Free 90 day trial of Inman with this WGAN Affiliate Code
Post 1 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Bingo! Though I have never tracked the results, I have received many times more phone calls via the yard sign than I ever experienced interest via a physical open house.

I will still do an open if a client requires it (even after a thorough discussion on stats and security), but I now charge $600 for each event, because I am a discount broker and the additional 6 hours out of my schedule is no longer FREE (mail piece to neighbors in the immediate area, sign placement, balloons, flag streamers, printing expensive brochures, refreshments, tear-down, follow-up). The event charge is usually a good inoculation for the Open House "condition."
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It is interesting and I would never thought it could happen that way.
So instead of looking for available houses online they just drive around looking for signs "For Sale". There is no point to do it in my area and I believe anywhere across Australia. If there is a sign "For Sale" that property is almost certain has been listed on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au It will be found there and that where most people will be coming from to inspect it.

I have always considered these signs more like a directional and temporal landmark for buyers who are coming to an inspection to find it but it plays a negative factor with a lot of strangers and bypassers coming to inspect out of curiosity and a lot of spare time but with 0 intention to buy a property. It could be a big advertisement point on busy roads but most properties are located on quiet suburban streets that only neighbours will drive through.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101599 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?