Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceApartmentsFloor PlansFloorsHow ToLighting IssuesMuseumsScanning

Advice please for Matterport scans of a new, empty apartment building12329

sese private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there,

I am new to this forum and I would appreciate some advice.

I am about to scan a brand new building that is empty. Problem is that I just have to scan some of the apartments not all. For example, there are 2 apartments per floor and I will have to scan 1 apartment on floor 1, another on floor 7 and another 2 on floor 8.

My idea was to scan floor 1 and connect to floor 7 and 8 through the stairs and then put a mattertag with a link to each floor in the basement.

Is this the best approach? what are the other options if any? If I do this way, would I be able to hide the scans of the stairs connecting the different floors so people would have to use mattertags links to jump from one floor to another, is this possible?

Another question... any idea on how to illuminate a bathroom that has no natural light or an artificial one? The building does not have electric light inside the apartments yet, so most of the interiors have very good natural light but some spaces, as the bathroom has no light. Any suggestion for a light that looks more natural? I could put a lamp, but this is completely empty spaces so it would not look great. Any tricks?

Cheers and thanks a lot for your suggestions.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
Scan the apartments as separate spaces. Otherwise the navigation through the stairs will be odd at best and awkward at worst.

Get a flashlight and put it on top of your camera. The camera is smooth enough that it will stay put. I have done in this in a house that did not have any power a couple of times. It doesn't have to be a spotlight strength flashlight, but the more the merrier.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks for your answer @Briangreul. We took your advice and did the apartments separated.

Lights trick also worked great.

Thanks a lot.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@sese

Welcome to the WGAN Forum. And, can you share your results with the WGAN Community?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
kigilido private msg quote post Address this user
My way of scanning this scenario would be, apartment on floor 1 separated from the other 2. And floor 7 and floor 8 I would connect trough the stairs once it’s process by matterport you can call them up and request to break it up into 2 spaces but you are only charged for one time processing.

Now regarding lighting just 2 days ago I did a 2 story house plus basement completely with no electricity in the house so I did bought the “litra Tourch Cube light” recommend by matterport but I also bought another Led lamp I found on Amazon for very cheap( I’ll share links at the end ) turns out the recommended litra tourch only worked 45 min and died in middle of the basement scan still. Then I used the other one from amazon and lasted for the rest of the entire day ( still works right now on that very first charge) so I recommend buying this cheap one on Amazon. It has magnets on it so you can stick on a Magnet plate on the matterport scanner permanent and have any other accessories with magnets stick to it ( don’t use Velcro I had very bad experience with it )

Link to the virtual tour:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=yPeY8LrzT1X

Link to LED light I used:

OYOCO Rechargeable LED Work Light... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S5GGMH7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@kigilido

Thanks for the backstory. Does the tour link work for you? Model set to private?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
kigilido private msg quote post Address this user
model is public dont know why it shows like its private, have had this problem that a lot. just in case try the copy i have from this tour https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=578iDENzuPg
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hi all,

Regarding the lighting for those rooms without windows or artificial light I post here some photos of what we have used and the final result. Thanks again.

Post 8 IP   flag post
@kigilido @briangreul, sorry I forgot to put your link in my previous message.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101429 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?