Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3603D ShowcaseBenacoGeoCVNewbiesPano3VRVersus

Benaco 3D Virtual Tour Software12221

ajay2011 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All

I am new to the forum and currently researching different software for 3D walkthroughs for Real Estate. I like what Matterport offers but from reading posts and reviews I don't really like their business model (having to pay for subs to keep the models active etc. As this would not work for rental properties) I found GEOCV then realised that they aren't operating anymore which is disappointing as this would have been the perfect program for my needs, hopefully, they come back after the court case.

I also found a company called Benaco (https://benaco.com/), they seem to offer similar to GEOCV but you can upload photos from any camera and keep the models forever and it's cheap. My question is, has anyone ever used them before or currently using them, and if so are they any good?

There was a post on here about them about a year ago advertising them, but their social media has been quiet for about a year and they don't seem to advertise anywhere and there are no videos on YouTube. Are they still operating or has the court case between Matterport and GEOCV made them go into hiding?

Here is the link to the old forum post:
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/9237/page/1/benaco-3d-tour-platform-from-360-photos/#1

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi mate,

1)Benaco does not look even close to GeoCV and Matterport. There is no 3D scanner involved while both Matterport and GeCV are both using it.

2) It seems quite overpriced for what it is. You may end up doing a lot of 360s & paying them per toor US$10-25 even for medium size properties as their recommendation is to scan every meter.

3)You won't be able to use this tech on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au. REA has a process of approving a new 360 tech provider for their listings.

If they approve then you can use it in media section, if not you won't be able to add a tour there. Domain has no approval process(I am trying to convince them to follow REA). So the only way to use it on realestate and domain right now is to add a link for a Benaco tour in a property listing description.

With all that in mind I do not think you will find anyone who will want to do a property tour with Benaco.

You may as well, use Pano2VR or 3DVista to build custom tours-there is no hosting to pay for to anyone, no processing and you will just need to buy either software to start building tours. Or you can use EyeSpy360. All three are not approved either on REA but you may go with approval on REA as all three have extra features that you may get some agents interested in.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi Wingman,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the feedback. I didn't realise that there was an approval process for REA and Domain.

I see that you are using Matteport, I really like their program but having worked in real estate I would assume that owners or agencies would be reluctant to pay ongoing hosting fees, especially for rentals.

Do you have any issues with agents paying this ongoing fee?

Also with rental properties, do they pay hosting fees until the property is rented then stop paying? then start paying again when it next comes up for rent?

Thanks
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
To be honest if you make 5-20 calls to agents and at least 2 of them will buy a tour service from you and are going to become your regular clients I would pay you good money to teach how you are doing your sales. I have tried a lot of tactics but nothing has worked.

All my sales during covid for 3D tour services are coming from big property marketing groups or home builders managing their own property sales. If such a sale is managed by any local REA they do not even reply to my service offers.

I only have three tours done for local rea(one agency, three different agents). They have caught us(me and my video partner) with an offer to do a video and a tour for a few 100s and book us for small properties or when a vendor(a bank) requesting a 3D tour done for their mortgage defaulted property.

That's it. All local REAs know I am doing it. At least one used my free(test) tour and succeeded with their sale for a property on a very noisy road. The buyer was pleased with the tour and said it helped him to make a decision to buy it. The agent seemed to like it too. However I do not think they have any properties to list now and they prefer not to do it for their existing listing.

I believe If you cannot sell them Matterport tours they won't look at any alternatives. And with the government letting then to run open homes it becomes even harder.

I think we will get to demand for this service only when it becomes harder to sell due to an amount of properties on the market. During this time REAs won't have problems with finding new listings and they will start focusing on selling them.

Properties are rarely sold these days but most vendors do not want to list now so it is low supply and low demand now.

New builds and off plan even with apartments are in a better position now. Due to low exchange AUD/USD rate a lot of overseas investors are getting a huge discount when their savings are in USD and they pay much less in AUD.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks, Wingman, appreciate the feedback.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
I like Benaco.
It's not cheap for big project but it can be a good solution for vizualisation. You can have self hosting and european cloud. It's a nice company They are helpful with support. i hope they can improve some of their solutions but it looks kind of sleepy platform. The main problem is you can't edit if a 360 doesn't link. the tags are not accurate.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?