Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BLK360Pro2ProblemsScanningUrgent

Urgent problem scanning a large camper area inside Pro 2 and outside BLK11817

WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
3dblickwinkel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I´m just scanning a large camper area as described above. Aside the usual connection issues with BLK everything works until today. I have scanned about 100 scans with the Pro 2 and 100 with BLK and uploaded and processed the tour yesterday evening as an intermediate step. This morning I tried to continue the tour and "Update Map" appears in capture app. After mapp has updated I started scanning with BLK outside, BLK finished scanning, alignment appears in the app for a long time and after taht app crashes. I have tried every idea I had, for three hours, nothing has changed. In between I had to update a new cortex version.
I restarted everything, connected again, took different places, used another BLK, called on site support, waited 30 minutes until answering machine starts, asked for callback, nothing changes or happened.

A try to scan with Pro 2 was succesfull, but alignment took a long time. Maybe tour is too large because of BLK scans.

I have to finish the job and I´m in distress. Maybe somebody of you has an idea. I think about deleting the Pro 2 scans because I have this part of the tour secured as an intermediate step, to downsize, continue with the BLK scans and ask Matterport to make one tour out of the two.

Hope you understand what I mean with my English.

Thanks in advance

Jens
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@3dblickwinkel

When you started scanning again, did you do overlapping scans from earlier?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
100 BLK scans is an incredible amount of data. Maybe you need a more powerful iPad?

Or can you start a second model and try to let them stitch together later by Matterport support?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Do not delete the Pro2 scans, better start a 2nd model. The BLK scans carry so many points and details, I guess the BLK scans probably cause the app crashes.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Reading, United Kingdom
mcuddy private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of people have been complaining about crashes even just using Pro2 since this weeks update of capture.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
Thank you

@dansmigrod
Yes, I started with a normal overlapping, reduced the distance and tried in between two old scanpoints. In various areas.

@meshimages
I´m using an iPad Pro with 256 GB and a lot of free memory, only for scanning purposes. Good idea better to start a new model. But will they be able and willing to stitch them together?

@mcuddy
I wasn´t asked to update the app. Is it automatically done? Installed is v1.1.770.21964. The issues have started before the cortex update I did today.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@3dblickwinkel I have not yet stitched a model, but many others have. Takes 3-6 weeks. Duplicate the model, keep overlapping scans (>5 meters) along the stitching line and try to continue.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
@meshimages
Thanks, do you mean less than 5 meters distance between old and new model?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@3dblickwinkel I would do more than 5 meters. The official statement is more than 2 scan points overlap, but I don't know what the model looks like.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
@meshimages I think I have thought in the wrong direction. You mean inner overlapping in the scanned area. I thought less than 5 meters from the last inner to the outer new scanpoint.But this is no real overlapping. Thanks.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Atlanta, Georgia
Scena private msg quote post Address this user
This is a problem with the new app.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scena
This is a problem with the new app.

Matterport Capture App 4.0?

Question of the Day: Updated Matterport Capture App causing Pro2 Crashing?

@3dblickwinkel

Are you using Matterport Capture App 4.0? It was updated on Monday and some WGAN Forum Members are reporting problems with it paired with Matterport Pro2 3D Camera.

Perhaps the new app has a challenge with Leica BLK360?

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
If I understand correctly - and was about to do a thread with this question but maybe this is telling me the answer (minus the hiccup situation) We can, in theory, use two different cameras in the same scan - so matterport for the interior - then overlap to seam to the BLK for Exterior? I wish you luck 3dblickwinkel! And I too noticed weirdness and freezes with the new update.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Spencerlasky

Yes. You can use two different cameras to create one Matterport 3D Tour. For clarification, switching cameras during the creation of the tour: not (easily) shooting two different tours and combining them.

So, yes, you can use a Leica BLK360 and Matterport Pro2 3D Camera to create one Matterport digital twin.

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
@dansmigrod Where do I find the version? I only find information you see in the enclosed picture.
I didn´t use the system on Thursday and Monday evening German time I stopped using it. Yesterday morning German time I started to continue scanning the tour from Monday and an update appears, something with Cortex and if I wouldn´t update some functions wouldn´t work anymore. After that "map updating" appears and after some time I could see the tour and scan. BLK scans and after doing that "alignment" appears for sometime before the app crashes. In between you could see once that app is working (color of the white circles round the scanpoints comes in motion for a second). And as written before and trying a lot of things for hours nothing has changed.
Today I tried again. Unfortunately the same and no reaction from MP support.

I´m very astonished reading hundreds of comments in the net from colleagues and no statement from MP.

Obviously there must be a big issue and I don´t know how to make my customer feel comfortable.

I´m in the same distress as yesterday and only have two days left to finish the job because the campingsite will open after corona lockdown.

It is unbelievable.

Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3dblickwinkel

I just posted in the WGAN Forum:

Where do I find "which version" of Matterport Capture app I am using?

I looked at my Matterport Capture App and could not see a screen that tells me "which version" of the app I am using. Ugh!

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3dblickwinkel

Screen Grab from Matterport Capture iOS App

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Garnetwest
Its in the "Settings & Privacy " menu.

@Garnetwest

Thank you!

Not sure how I missed that!

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
Oh @dansmigrod, neither do I understand why I haven´t found that

It is version 4.0.0 I have installed.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
Christine from MP has helped me. I have started a new tour in addition today which should be stitched. Thanks for help.
Stay healthy
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Berlin, Germany
Thank you all for your support here. Tour has been stitched from MP, thanks to MP too.
Post 20 IP   flag post
101602 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?