Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360CamerasCapture App

I tried the iOS Capture...here's what I think..11798

photosintheround private msg quote post Address this user
So.... I did a VERY SMALL iOS capture of my bedroom! I have an iPhone 11 (not pro).

On the good side.....It's actually quite clear. It is definitely more clear than my insta360. (I know what you are thinking!!!)

On the bad side.....it takes a long time to take 1 "scan". I think it's 4-5 shots per scan. I think it would take a long time to do an entire house. Plus, it would be difficult to hide yourself in a bathroom or a bedroom with mirrors.

I would be interested to see how the time compares to a 360 camera or a regular Matterport camera.

Mark
Post 1 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
Yup, that exactly what I suspected!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's going to be amusing to watch all the overnight Matterport sensations instantly created because they have the capture app and an iPhone, And they'll create these amazing one-room tours with 35 Mattertags. Not a bad thing necessarily, but until you step up to a Pro2 3D, not official Matterport, imo. Close, but no cigar.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Unfortunately @GetMyVR, our society embraces the "good enough" approach to many things with technology. (Have you seen 3D tours on Zillow?)

My feeling is that although not a true "Matterport Experience", the new iOS Capture provides a good enough experience for most users and creators to take professional MSP's out of the equation. Sure, there will always be that segment of the population that will be willing to pay for a premium 3D experience....but my bet is that many will prefer to just save the money and take the DIY approach.

Let's hope that I'm wrong!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@garnetwest Yes it's a sad but true analogy of our times, but I think Matterport is praying that not happens. If all they end up with is a bunch of people with just the lowest grade plan, free, And no product sales, they'll never make any money.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The taxi industry said the same thing when Uber came on the scene. "No way that they can give people rides at those prices and stay in business. They are losing money with every ride!" Well we see what happened to the taxi industry. In tech, you dont have to make money to be successful...you just need to acquire market share. Uber lost almost $4 Billion dollars in 2019.

Once you own the market, you can charge what you want.

Matterport is taking the Uber approach. How valuable would a company be if they controlled the market AND owned all of the rights to millions and millions of digital twins around the globe?? So who cares about losing a couple dollars in hosting fees and equipment sales. As odd as it might seems, technology companies thrive while operating with significant losses for years...while aiming for much larger goals.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101704 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?