Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360CamerasEyeSpy360QooCam 8KQooCam 8K Pocket Camera

anybody used the qoocam 8k to make a tour?11703

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I just received my Qoocam 8k yesterday. I keep watching youtube reviews. Some are good, some are bad. I don't care about any other feature than doing a 360 for tours.

Has anybody used one yet for a tour?

What about colors?

Exposure? I've seen a few youtube videos that say you should set it on manual and do a light meter. I hope not.

It's a sunny day today so will take it outside and try it out. Rain the next couple of days and will try it indoors.

We have a condo to shoot Friday so I'm hoping I know enough about it to make 360's for an eye spy tour.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy I was looking at that camera also, but decided on just using the Matterport Pro2 for the panos...thanks to a suggestion on this forum. It has the highest resolution of any 360 camera out there and you may already own one. I will have 2 of EyeSpy360 models to post soon so you can see what the quality is with Pro2 panos.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
Thanks rzphotoman. I am actually taking the mp2 to my shoot on Friday and going to do panos for eyespy with it as well.

Right now the workflow with the qoocam looks complicated. I want to shoot a 360, download it, and send it on to somebody to make a tour. I keep seeing videos of people stitching, color correcting, etc. Maybe their purpose is much different than mine

Would love to see your eyespy tour!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
If you use the Matterport, remember, you don't shoot 360 panoes with it you just do a 3D Scan at the middle of each room and at connecting hallways and stairs. You create the panos from thos scan points in workshop, download them...retouch if needed, and just upload to EyeSpy. If you sign up via the WGAN link they will create the 3D tour, floor plans and more for $16. So much simpler than using other 360 cameras and trying to get the exposures right.

These are my early thoughts on EyeSpy360. It may change as I get into it more.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
Am I reading your response correctly? 3d's instead of 360's? If you shoot 3d's in the center of the connecting rooms, won't MP have a scanning error because they may be too far apart?

Also, since MP does everything automatically, I have to ask what type of file to upload to Eyespy. I just shot some pictures on my Qoocam. On the memory card they are .jpg and .dng. Am I just going to upload the .jpg to eyespy and it works for them?
Post 5 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman Just verifying this workflow has produced the results for you on prior shoots? My understanding and experience is just the opposite of what you indicated. Matterport processing must see at least one 3D scan in the space, otherwise it will not process. So, make your first spin 3D. All others after that may be shot 360 mode. Take as many as needed for sure, but you only need the one 3D scan. Unless you know otherwise for sure, just trying to save you a return trip.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
We take 3 or 4 3d scans to start. At one point, we couldn't upload just 1-3d scan and the rest 360's. We had to have a few 3d's to connect and the rest 360's. Now this is how we do it if the realtor just want stills and I'm getting regular pictures out of the scans and 360's.

My question to @rpzphotoman was confirming if I needed 3d's or 360's for a file to send to Eyespye, not just for getting regular photos from the image.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@fotoguy FYI - your last reply was received after I sent mine.

Got it. Interesting info. I've never had that issue - only one 3D spin required.

On the issue of sending 3D or 360 to EyeSpy360, how do you access the 3D spins out of workshop? I've only ever sent them JPEG panos. I would maybe open a ticket with their support group and ask the question about DNG files. I suspect they also deal with it in their online support FAQs, but have never attempted to find the info.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@bryanhscott If I Were doing this just for EyeSpy360, then yes, I would do one 3d scan and the rest 360 panos. It's then a different process of downloading them in the pano format for upload to EyeSpy.

The ones I'm having processed now are Matterport models that I recently completed. I just took 360 snapshots...one from each room and the connecting hallways and stairs. Then I downloaded the panos from matterport and uploaded them to EyeSpy360. I'll see the results tomorrow and post them here.

These will be the first EyeSpy models I've tried to create and the only reason I did them that way is because I already had the scans, although maybe not from the ideal position, and I didn't have to shoot something new. Plus in the future, if I always remember to get scans in the center of every room, I could offer it as an add on to a Matterport tour. The built in video conferencing would be the reason to buy it in my opinion.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@rzphotoman Understood. Now I'm caught up. Thanks for clarifying.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
I just got these back from EyeSpy360. These were shot with the Matterport Pro2 and processed with their TaaS service, $16. All I did was upload the files to them. I see a couple of issues where the scans should have been retouched, but that can still be done which I would do if they were for a client.

clickable text

clickable text
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
You can’t beat the MP camera for good color and lighting. Both very nice. Do you charge less for an eyespy tour than a MP 2?

I’ve been with the Qoocam and I just don’t like the color indoors. Outside is beautiful. The windows are just blown and no amount of setting changes came up with a suitable picture. I could stack the photos at different exposures but I’m trying to avoid that extra work.

Thanks for sharing. How did your client like the tour?
Post 12 IP   flag post
jacobpmac private msg quote post Address this user
@rzphotoman I'm sorry if I am a little behind, but was the purpose of uploading to EyeSpy360 to see what the quality of the tour was with the MP2?

Why would you have EyeSpy make a tour if Matterport already did?

Also, are you telling me the only files you sent EyeSpy were the 360 photos taken from the MP2 without the 3D scans taken?

I am trying to understand exactly what you did because I have a MP2 and I am interested in EyeSpy.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@jacobpmac Yes, It was a test to see the quality with the Pro2 camera. The point is that to use EyeSpy360, you don't need to buy a Theta Z1 for $1000 if you own a Pro2. Yes you also have to pay Matterport for the processing, but I think the $19 is worth it for the quality and ease of use. The samples I posted were from un-retouched panos from Matterport workshop.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@fotoguy Your issues with the Qoocam and for that matter, with most 360 cameras, is the the exposures you get that are hard to correct...another big plus for the Pro2.

I haven't gotten to the point if I'm offering it as a service and how much to charge. That will take a little research. I'll be showing this to a potential client tomorrow. She's an apartment manager for multiple locations and doesn't want to pay their hosting fees.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
I was looking at that camera also, but decided on just using the Matterport Pro2 for the panos...thanks to a suggestion on this forum. It has the highest resolution of any 360 camera out there and you may already own one.

I am confused with your reply. Yes, Pro2 has a great resolution(about 110Mp if not more) that only 40-50MP DSLR/mirrorless camera nodal setup with full frame fisheye lens can beat. However you can not get it from Matterport in max resolution.

If you do it through workshop it is probably less than Theta V(not even Z1) and if you go through GSV publishing it is about 32Mp. So unless you are using some 3rd party to get panos from Matterport cloud in a way Matterport probably won't be happy to hear about I have no idea how you get the maximum resolution panos from Matterport model.

Qoocam 8K resolution is about 30MP so it beats even Theta z1 but below Pilot Era/One which are both slightly over 33MP.

So if you get panos through publishing to GSV it should slightly beat Qoocam 8K pano but it is still below Era/Pilot. If you get panos from workshop even Qoocam 8K pano is better that what you can download from workshop.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
If you have a Matterport Pro2 already, you don't need to purchase any other Pano camera.
The pano result from Matterport Pro2 is 16K x 8K that can beat any pano cameras that on current market.
PM me with one of your Matterport Pro2 showcase ID, we can generate one DEMO 16K x 8K pano for you to reference for free.

BTW you can do it by yourself also. Just gather all the cached tile pictures from your showcase page.
And attached them together.
There are some calculations when you do the pano generation from tile pictures.
And you need select a better encoder when you make JPG output that will make you a small size JPG with better quality.

We just make a software to do the calculations and provide the calculation service to you.

The difference between 16K x 8K to 8K x 4K is obvious:

Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
BTW you can do it by yourself also. Just gather all the cached tile pictures from your showcase page.
And attached them together.
There are some calculations when you do the pano generation from tile pictures.

I cannot see a problem to do it for one scan. I have cracked this riddle(how to get original resolution Matterport scans) already but imagine getting tiles for all scans manually. If you do not have a script to run automatically to get all folders and title files names you can be exhausted and give up on 1-2 panos.

I still have to send you a message with a model just to get your pricing for doing it. I do not have any need now to get all original scans from the cloud. Once I get something small scanned I will send you a model link.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Yes, keep in touch.
Post 19 IP   flag post
101428 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?