Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaEverPanokrpanoMetareal StageVersus

Matterport platform versus??11660

rastas private msg quote post Address this user
Is there any other platform that offers that matterport-like/google-street view like experience, where you can smoothly navigate through a space?

Seems like all the other platforms have that jump cut transition between spot to spot....

I haven't found anything, but wondering if the experts came across any other platform that behaves like Matterport...
Post 1 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Check out www.metareal.com. Very similar in many ways.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Everpano does similar transitions. See this tour example here

And I have read, that 3Dvista is working on the integration of a depthmap.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Meshimages: Thanks for that everpano link, its very cool indeed. Site is all in german though... do you know if I build the walkthrus myself or upload to them and they do it?
Post 4 IP   flag post
To me, the tours on metareal.com all appear blurry.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@rastas this tour was made with krpano and everpano plugin. Unfortunately it's all manual work and I think it does not work with complex dollhouses. It's a bit like eyespy and asteroom.
Post 6 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastas

Check the sample on my website. It's a newer version : http://www.archimed360.com/archimed360-virtualtour/ Let me know if you see a difference
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hi Archimedstudio. Thanks for the comparison. I want to like metareal, but the tours are just soft! Not sharp....

I thought my Chrome browser was maybe being weird, but same result on Firefox.

Matterport tours are bitingly sharp.

Am I right?
Post 8 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
The advantage is, you have control on your 360 photos, you can add a sharpen filter (or several) to make the images sharper. Also, they now accept 8K panos (longer loading times though).

You should talk to Gareth (directly on the chat)... he will answer your questions
Post 9 IP   flag post
JayInLA private msg quote post Address this user
I’m also looking for the same thing in a platform that is user friendly, I want smooth transitions between spots rather than the jump to/jerky transitions that most other platforms have, and I also want a platform that includes the dollhouse view along with the smooth transitions. It’s odd that most platforms don’t offer this as it is a big selling point to gain new users.

I saw a video recently on 3D Vista and it appears that they do have the smooth transitions but I’m not sure if they also have the “dollhouse” view?

Panoskin and Kuula.co also pretty much have the smooth transitions when moving from spot to spot. But I don’t believe they have the “dollhouse” view, which I think should be standard for all 360 platforms.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I really wouldn't worry about it too much because most of the real estate agents out there have virtual tours marked on their real estate. And when you click on the listings you get a page with the beautiful slideshow. Everything other than Matterport is 10,000 times better than a stupid slideshow.
Post 11 IP   flag post
getmyvr: I regret that I read what you wrote three times and I'm not understanding what you are saying..... (but i'm curious on your opinion!)
Post 12 IP   flag post
GETMYVR thanks and yes I hear ya.... And rastas what GETMYVR is saying, is that most of the real estate websites/ real estate apps say that they have virtual tours for all of the listings, however when you click on that virtual tour button all that it is is an automated/automatically generated slideshow of the pictures that they already have for that listing, it is not a real virtual tour of the property.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Correct @jayinla And there's nothing wrong with a high quality slideshow and drone shots if that's what you want to sell as a virtual tour. It's kind of like saying a motorcycle is a ca, whatever floats your boat.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
There are so many 360 platforms now that only a wizard could know where to find the “smoothest transitions.” However from those I’ve worked with, 3DVista is the smoothest. I’ve heard rumor they are working on a dollhouse view, but my own RE clients seem to care less and less about any dollhouse view. I like it, but many don’t, and a few of mine even think the dollhouse view is “creepy.”. Different strokes.

3DVista is powerful. It definitely has a learning curve, so try your first tour when you’re NOT on a tight deadline, or you have only 3-4 panos, not 160 like I did.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Home3D If I have used Photoshop and other similar programs for many years and I build websites, is the 3DVista learning curve still very steep? Or is it pretty easy to pick up and learn quickly once you have messed around with it for a day or so?
Post 16 IP   flag post
@JayInLA there is a free trial download for 3dvista, give it a try.
Post 17 IP   flag post
jacobpmac private msg quote post Address this user
@JayInLA Ben Claremont with virtual Tour Pro where he reviews what he feels are the best hosting platforms. I purchased the course last week and it was very informative. Matterport, EyeSpy360, and 3D Vista are included in the list of platforms he reviews. 3D Vista was one of the top grades however it was one of the harder platforms to learn.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@JayInLA - If you are a professional user of Photoshop, you can learn 3DVista. Just think back to the very first time you opened Photoshop, if you can. The OMG moment as one first begins is similar. Give yourself time to learn it. It's incredible how deep and customizable the software is. No one who has mastered After Effects wants to go back to iMovie. The reward is similar.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchimedStudio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastas

Check the sample on my website. It's a newer version : http://www.archimed360.com/archimed360-virtualtour/ Let me know if you see a difference

Yes, very blurry. Is it issue with metareal or the original panos?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Wonderful thanks @Home3D! Also I sent you a message
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rastas

WGAN Short List of 3D/360 Virtual Tours
WGAN List of 140 3D/360 Virtual Tour Software/Platforms

Also, with Metareal Stage, you can use almost any 360 camera (including DSLR).

WGAN List of 50+ 3D/360º Cameras for Virtual Tours

Free Course: WGAN-TV Training U in Metareal Stage

WGAN-TV - Intro to Metareal Stage 3D Virtual Tour Platform (Demo/Discussion) Includes How to Order Automatic 3D Virtual Tour Creation by Metareal Stage and Long How to Do It Yourself (DIY) Tour Creation
Two Free Metareal Stage Special Offers for WGAN Forum Members

Best,

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
GFHoge private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR, I completely agree with you. My MLS just started offering the "Virtual Tour" free of charge to all agents (30,000)!! It is nothing more than the 2D photos moving back and forth. I find I have a lot of re-education to do here, but nothing beats a well done True Virtual Tour in 3D/360.
Post 23 IP   flag post
101646 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?