Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pricing

How To Price 360 Tours11648

JayInLA private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I am new to the virtual tour business and I have someone that is interested in getting a scan of their new construction which is a Large Medical Suite Building, the Smallest Suite that they have is 2,500 sqft. and it goes up from there. They told me that they have previously used Matterport, but that they are too expensive... So being new to all of this, I'm not sure how to price this out or what to charge, I've heard that most people charge 20-30¢ (cents) per square foot for residential homes and smaller properties, but I'm not sure about pricing for Larger Commercial Spaces?

Please let me know how most people structure their pricing, thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
thevirtualtourguys private msg quote post Address this user
10-20cents?? Surely that's a typo? I charge £55 minimum per 360 photo, but I don't use Matterport. Depends on what equipment you are using though.
Post 2 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@JayInLA I am sure that most all providers would be very happy to earn $.20 - $.30 psf. That would be too good to be true. The reality is somewhere between $.02 and $.16 psf. The low end of the scale is when you do wholesale work for IFTI or Matterport Scan Services. The high end is when you do work for someone looking for highly accurate measurements (more scans per space) and need to port the data over to some sort of architectural, facilities, or asset management program.

And, if the "LA" in your handle is Los Angeles, you have definite cost of living costs that folks in Mississippi do not, which should also be taken into account.

I, for one, created my rate sheet based on a standard shop rate of $80/hour. Everything else in the formula is time, or materials with sensible mark-ups. I also include equipment repair and replacement at reasonable intervals, plus any other corporate expenses and overhead just to be in business and keep up with technology, then blend it all together.

There are as many ways to calculate pricing as there are providers, but you have to understand the market for what you wish to provide, then calibrate this with what clients want and are willing to pay, then sort out how to hold those prices together and be a value add for clients who are being bombarded by, "race-to-the-bottom" predatory pricing that seems to be coming up more often these days.
Post 3 IP   flag post
3Din360 private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely depends on the market and for what purpose your VT is going to be used for. I use a 350.00 for up to 3500 square ft and charge 75.00 for any additional 1000 square feet. For very large ones I will just Bill .10 per sq ft for scan work and up sell all the other integrated features such as tags, floor plans as well as drone, video and photo integration. That being said, depending on how new you are, you can consider doing some free or low priced VT for realtors to entice them and have some of your work to show future clients and post on your website. That worked well for me.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101437 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?