Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Buy CameraInsta360 Pro 2Pilot OneRicoh Theta Z1

Choice of 360 camera for less than 1000$11582

crocis private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,
I am interested in buying a “cheap” 360 camera that costs less than 1000 $. I am looking for a camera especially to capture videos and view them with an head-mounted display. I have found two interesting cameras: Qoocam 8K and GoPro Max. Considering the video resolution, I would go for Qoocam 8K since GoPro Max is 5.6K, but I have read that Qoocam 8K suffers from overheating that can affect the video quality, and the audio quality is bad.
Is the video quality between these two camera much different? which camera do you recommend me? are there other cameras I should consider?
Regards,
Simone
Post 1 IP   flag post
JPPeron private msg quote post Address this user
For good video at a good price point, I would recomend Insta360 One X.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
@crocis https://www.labpano.com/one/mobile/index.html
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Kumar
@crocis https://www.labpano.com/one/mobile/index.html

@crocis

Thank you for joining the WGAN Forum and your post ...

If you could tell us your use-case for the 360 video, that might help with recommendations.

Here is some video that I shot with the Labpano Pilot One (mentioned by @Kumar).

360 Video Shot with Labpano Pilot One During Our Caribbean Cruise Last Week

I did have some challenges with the internal mic related to wind (outdoors). I could imagine that this might solve that challenge:

Wireless microphone system that works with a Labpano Pilot Era

Dan

P.S. Sorted by price ...

WGAN List of 130+ 3D/360º Virtual Tour Hosting Platforms/Software
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
This is such a hard decision as it seems a new camera is coming out each month. I ordered the one x and the theta z and tried them out. Each had areas I didn't like. I returned both via Ammazon. That said, I'm comparing them to mp 2 which doesn't make it quite a fair comparison. You might want to start out with either one of the cameras mentioned above if you can find them. Labpano looks awesome but the price tag is a bit steep. I would like to see more real life testing of it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
homefinders3d private msg quote post Address this user
I've been following Ben Claremont and he is now stating the Qoocam 8k is the best 360 camera under $1000 and it now exceeds the quality of the Theta Z1. But, I can't find anyone that is using one for pro tours to get some feedback. I couldn't find a Pilot One anywhere, the Z1 is out everywhere. I had a Insta360 OneX and it did pretty good, but I sold it without doing any tours with it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by homefinders3d
I've been following Ben Claremont

In-Depth Video Course for 360º Newbies: Virtual Tour Pro by Ben Claremont
WGAN-TV Transcript: Virtual Tour Pro Creator Ben Claremont | Top 10 Tips for Starting a Virtual Tour Business

(Includes discussion about how to evaluate which 360 camera to buy.) Search the transcript for:
So tell me about your process for which 360 cameras our viewers should buy.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?