Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceAsteroomiGuideMatterportPanonoVersus

Matterport versus iGuide?11580

CuttingEdge private msg quote post Address this user
I am new to this forum and I am new to the Real Estate 3D virtual tour business. So new that I am still in the stages of writing my business plan. Here is my dilemma... I want 3D Tours to be my featured product. I am seriously stuck between MATTERPORT and iGuide. I think they both offer a lot buit definitely a different product. I will try not to ramble...

Matterport - I am a BIG proponent of customer service and from what I gather from this forum, it is not one of Matterport’s strengths, which scares me to jump in. Matterport also takes awhile to scan a property, which limits the number of scans per day. I do think Matterport showcases the property the best of the two on a mobile device which is important and where I see people viewing real estate even more so in the future.

iGuide - Everything I have read about iGuide has been extremely positive. They have been helpful every time I have reached out and it seems like you get a lot of bang for your buck with floor plans, accurate room measurements, and photos that you can post process all rolled into one scan. You can also be pretty efficient with iGuide having the ability to scan a house in 30 minutes. iGuide also presents a piece of property well but the BIG pause I have with iGuide is the loading time seems to lag occasionally as I am moving from room to room while viewing a property. I can see a potential buyer becoming frustrated waiting for it to load, as I have a few times.

It seems like this Forum is 90% Matterport but any thoughts/opinions on one over the other?

Thanks.

Brent
Post 1 IP   flag post
San Francisco
EricTsai private msg quote post Address this user
Why not give Asteroom a try? Obviously I am biased because I am the founder of Asteroom.

But Asteroom offers a very similar tour experience as Matterport, and it only costs $89 to start. Although we support all the major 360 cameras, I still tell our clients to use their phones for superior image quality if they have a decent phone like iPhone 11 pro.

This tour was done on Galaxy S9.

https://www.asteroom.com/pviewer?token=gjrXCF4L5w5WzmSP6E_3XA
Post 2 IP   flag post
ToddsFotos private msg quote post Address this user
Brent,

Let me start by saying I have a REALTOR® for 16 years now and accidentally started my Real Estate Media business 6 years ago as I couldn't find someone to capture images like I had seen and wanted so I taught myself how to create the content.

I was not a photographer but now I am. That being said are you just wanting to be a 3D tour provider? I would first suggest to search your market area and see how much competition you have and what services and prices they offer. Most that want to just be 3D Tour providers focus on just that and Google Street View. My own business started out with photography and single property websites.

I then added video & drone and finally 3D. I spent a lot of time researching/communication with Matterport but never really "loved" the product nor the lack of creative post production control.

I instead went with a couple of Panono cameras and used Transported.co clickable text as I liked the ability to scan outdoors & aerial panos with the tours plus the ability to do some post production as needed. The downside was the cameras were not designed for heavy commercial use.

I finally purchased a Matterport Pro-2 camera a couple of years ago when they were half off. After using the Matterport I found it a bit inefficient for my business model as I shoot 5-7 properties a day (stills & video). I purchased an iGUIDE camera 2-weeks ago and haven't been happier. Let me tell you why.

I can scan a 3,000 sf home in under 30-min. I can adjust the brightness in camera before shooting. The back end is fairly quick and the turnaround time is overnight.

I can deliver images, single property website AND 3D Tour the next morning. From a consumer's viewpoint the ability to see the entire floor plan while viewing the tour is paramount. the ability to see the room that YOU want to, when you want it instead of having to "walkthrough" the home the way the program wants you puts the power in the consumers hands.

Now most of the "competition" in my market is Matterport and there a lot of them and now with the ability to use a Non-proprietary camera it makes it even easier to glut the market with Matterport. I am the ONLY iGUIDE provider in a 60-mile radius which makes my product stand out. In two weeks of owning the iGUIDE I have scanned 16-tours and already have 10-tours lined up for this week and it's only Sunday night. I have yet to do any marketing.

The business is coming from clients asking if I do 3D and other agents seeing the 3D Tour in our MLS. Finally, entering into a marketplace that can be saturated in certain areas and very price competitive may make your decisions a bit easier.

You can compete with the same product/services or set yourself apart. What is easy for me may not be for you. Do your due diligence and then go with your gut/instincts. Best of luck.

Todd A. Peterson
Post 3 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for positive feedback, Todd! Brent, we have seen an upsurge in traffic lately and in the past few days we have been having some speed issues which we are working hard to resolve.

However, iGUIDE viewer was designed to be light on graphics hardware and is probably the only one or one of the very few 3D tours today that does not send fans in a Macbook whining while viewing it, which has an effect on mobile battery life as well.

We have also seen our camera sales skyrocket in the past 5 weeks, to the point that they are on backorder at the moment. As luck would have it, the COVID-19 had effect not only on demand for our cameras, but also on the supply chain delays for getting parts come in quickly enough. We are working hard to address those issues as well.

If you considering an iGUIDE camera, here is a master class video with Chris White about how to get started quickly with it:
Post 4 IP   flag post
marcoastan private msg quote post Address this user
How accurate iGuide can measure when I want to take a tour at outdoor?
Can I make a tour between two building? for example if I want to make a tour a cottages with more than 1 building

Marco
Post 5 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
You can take outside panos with the iGUIDE camera very easily. You can also add user panos taken with another camera, such as drone panos. The iGUIDE camera's lidar will measure outside as well, may be with a shorter range, depending on ambient illumination. This way, you can measure railing on decks and backyard fencing even.

You have an option of positioning outside panos based on lidar data or moving them closer to a building to allow for better floor plan zoom. For this better zoom reason, we do not recommend showing more than one building on the same page, though it is possible to let the drafting team know if your prefer otherwise. The iGUIDE floor selector allows you to show multiple buildings and floors grouped by building.

This is a live iGUIDE that can be viewed now, but it will get locked once the house sells, so here is also a screenshot below it.

Post 6 IP   flag post
marcoastan private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Alex_iGuide thanks for your explaination.
If I take 2 buildings, main house and garage or shack. Can I take in 1 project?

Thanks
Post 7 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Yes, you can, like in the example above.
Post 8 IP   flag post
mdezz private msg quote post Address this user
Just starting out in this end of the business and I already own a THETA z1- but looking into Matterport and now iGuide. Matterport supports the 1 with good results but alas no floor plans. Will dig into iGuide a bit. Thanks!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101437 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?