360ยบ Video 1: Grand Turk Walking Tour From Cruise Ship-20200301-Carnival Horizon Cruise Ship-Video by We Get Around Network Photographer Dan Smigrod [Demo of audio challenge with using internal Labpano Pilot One mic]

Hi All,

The Labpano Pilot One mic has challenges (listen to my video above shot with the Labpano Pilot One internal mic).

That's why I was excited to read this Facebook post - reprinted in full (below) with permission of WGAN Member Mike Lysov (@wingman).

I could imagine that this gear is compatible with the Labpano Pilot One too.

Dan

Reprinted with Permission of WGAN Member Mike Lysov (@wingman) from his Facebook post.

I have found a wireless microphone system that works with a Pilot Era. You will need this system https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/124104759858 [Screen Grab 1 below]
and this adapter https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/303401095834 [Screen Grab 2 below]

There is a cable for a camera supplied with the this system to convert 6.5mm jack it comes with to 1/4" female to 1/8" male TRS adapter for a camera .

If you use it and plug it into the adapter microphone port and then plug the adapter to Type C USB port on the ERA you will get it working.

You may be able to get another system and another adapter that will work but you may go through a few before you find the one that is working.

The biggest problem that most wireless microphone systems barely come with any cable. They just have 6.5mm audio jack which you need to convert to Type C usb or use another 1-2 converters before you can end up with a Type-C connector on the other end. Using converters with unknown type of wiring may screw up the whole connection train.

I have already gone through one that I could not make working so I have returned back to a shop.

---

Screen Grab 1: eBay (Australia)

Screen Grab 2: eBay (Australia)

---

All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Pilot Era | Pilot One

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

--

Screen Grab: Labpano is presently accepting Pilot One pre-orders through the first week of March ($1,199 64GB | $1,249 128GB) with a free GPS module (valued at $129) with this link.