Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CoronavirusCOVID19Real EstateStrategyTipsVirtual Open HouseVirtual RealityZoom

My Virtual Open House Hack11281

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
So on a whim I decided to try to figure out a way to have real estate open houses still open on Sunday's or whenever - but virtually. It worked. My mother is a long time agent and I was looking to help her, but this can work for anyone. Let me tell you what I did.

I downloaded ZOOM virtual conferencing software and set up a meeting "virtual tour". The page I decided to share are the actual listing page on the agents website (with a virtual tour button linking to my Matterport tour) and in another tab, I already opened the VR tour.

I sent out invite code to Mom. (in the future, on her webpage, she can schedule future open houses and list the unique link details).

As the meeting hosts on my end, I'm ready with my pages open, and video chat is on so my attendee's will see me.

Welcome to my virtual open house - I said as I see Mom enter the room and activate her video. We can now see and talk to each other. She can also clearly see the listing of the open house on the webpage.

So I start the open house on the main page covering basic listing details, maybe do a little qualifying, making common ground. Then I segue to the actual Matterport Virtual Tour and take her around the listing.... answering questions as we went around, then had a chance to ask for the appointment and set up a private showing. A success.

You might have to pay for ZOOM, but this is a total workable option.

I sent an email to Realtor.com for them add a feature request. On all the real estate websites, there's a spot for open houses. What they can do is post the virtual meeting details and or offer a simple form to send them the meeting details. A simple auto responder has send the details immediately and you can see who might show up, but wither way, we can do virtual open houses.

Has anyone done this yet? Would love your feedback.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Zoom meets Open House. That's great!

Perhaps you can join WGAN-TV Live at 5 Town Hall tonight - Monday, 23 March 2020 at 5 pm nET - to talk about what you / your Mom are doing?

WGAN-TV Town Hall: Matterport Service Providers Coping with COVID-19

Since we use Zoom for the show, I don't believe that you could demo, unless you hold an iPad up to see; which is likely awkward.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR brilliant!!!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
RobRealEstate private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR I want to understand how to do this for my open houses. I'm a visual learner so that would be fantastic if you could produce a video or show us on the @DanSmigrod Town Hall.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
I'm making a quick video and will share the link when it's done.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@RobRealEstate @GETMYVR here you go...it's raw but will be getting professional one made next week

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for asking, but wouldn't be easier (maybe not cheaper) to do it with EyeSpy360's EyeSpyLive feature?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
https://youtu.be/_XFu1Mz-bXo

I was going to get this up hours ago but had a small situation at home(fire), lot's of potential for this application to real estate.

thanks @GlennTremain
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrotex69
Sorry for asking, but wouldn't be easier (maybe not cheaper) to do it with EyeSpy360's EyeSpyLive feature?

Not sure what it is but as an alternative and I am trying to offer it along with Matterport you can actually stream live inspection in 360 degree video format on youtube or facebook.

What's cool about it is that agent can keep talking while people can spin the live video in 360 and look anywhere the want. And I do not think it is going to be the problem that you cannot spin it on any spot, just where an agent places the 360 camera but it is live and people will still see a property in a much better way than through flat(non 360) video or photos.

The only reason I am not pushing for live inspection streaming much now and prefer to offer Matterport is that to live stream in 8K is pointless. Most users won't be even able to see it in 4K due to their limitation in computer hardware. Plus live streaming with such resolution requires a very good(5G) Internet connection and in most places you cannot even get 4G working at full speed..

So I have decided instead of live streaming offering recording a 360 degree walk through with an agent and then publishing it on a youtube.

However if you want to do it live there is always an option to ditch 8K and 4K and do live streaming in UHD and HD quality. It should work to anybody if there is at least 4G connection available.

Not all 360 cameras can do live stream through. I am lucky to have Pilot Era so I am trying to utilise it for a property market this way. No interest in this service so far and all my customers ask for Matterport. But I do not have an example for 360 video walk through to show what it is and I do not think agents are getting it.

I may have a big job from my local agency to move all their properties to online inspection with Matterport tours. I will try to offer to them doing one 360 video just to get an example done.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
You should check EyeSpy360 they have EyeSpy Play which allows you to record audio and do a tour presentation for your clients while you are not available to them, and then they have EyeSpy Live where you can show your tour to one or more clients at the same time, and you have the control of the tour, and if is only 1 client then either of you can have the control of the tour, all you have to do is wait 3 seconds and the control "jumps" to the other.
I imagine that when you scan for 3D you also take a 360° shot of each room, if that is the case, then for all Matterport tours, you can use them, is simple, you select them on a clockwise direction of the rooms, and then you even get a plant.
Please note I become a subscriber of this service thrue WGAN very food price, but I have not use them myself yet, but at the moment it looks a very appealing option. You can check them at www.eyespy360.com
Good luck and stay save,
Pedro Teixeira
Post 10 IP   flag post
RobRealEstate private msg quote post Address this user
@Pedrotex69 Thanks I will definitely try it out.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
@Pedrotex69 kevin dole showed it to me just now
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
I just had a Zoom meeting (live virtual tour demo) and instead of sharing the screen (such as the virtual tour in the live virtual tour hack I wrote of) - I clicked the button to switch selfie cam to main back camera and went on a virtual open house. Started outside - showed down the street, freshly sprouted perennials, and went inside and walked the whole house and made the sale in-absentia (not really, not yet). As long as the interior lights are on, and you have a strong data connection - this is Side B of the Virtual Tour Hack. This was done on ZOOM which I like, but not everyone has IG or Facebook, so I wanted something more neutral.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrotex69
You should check EyeSpy360 they have EyeSpy Play which allows you to record audio and do a tour presentation for your clients while you are not available to them, and then they have EyeSpy Live where you can show your tour to one or more clients at the same time, and you have the control of the tour, and if is only 1 client then either of you can have the control of the tour, all you have to do is wait 3 seconds and the control "jumps" to the other.

I have checked it today and I actually like it. I do not like their prices though in terms of how many active tours they provide. They seem to follow Matterport example limiting users to 25 tours for $90/month However the good thing for me that they show their price in AUD so it makes it cheaper than Matterport.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101432 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?