Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceCamerasCapture App

Creating Matterport 3D spaces with your smartphone11163

JCHAFE private msg quote post Address this user
Is this something Matterport is currently working on? or have already created? I love the expensive cameras such as the Pro2 as it creates pretty much the only single barrier from anyone or everyone entering the space as a provider.(Much the same as the $1000 price tag on Canon 10-22mm wide angle lens
kept every realtor with a DSLR camera from getting the same result with their still photos.)

Compound this with Matterport sending marketing emails to many of my clients (I'm guessing from the contact information I'm providing with each 3D I complete) And this looks to me like a recipe to put all Matterport providers out of business and 3D creation back into the hands of realtors.

I'm wondering why I would invest in more Pro2's? Am I missing something. Can anyone shed some light on this or direct me to a past forum post where this was discussed?

Thanks again!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@JCHAFE no information whether matterport is going in that direction as of yet. I believe Matterport is going the route of tying up with cheaper 360 cameras like it has done with the Theta's and intsa360's.

If anything I would surmise matterport would come out with a camera that uses laser instead of and/or with infrared, like the blk360.

The important thing is to provide value to your clients, they need to look at you as a resource.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Mobile capture is in beta. Though I wouldn't use it for paying projects for two main reasons 1st being final quality it is difficult to perfectly align each photo for a clean pano. Secondly, it the amount of time on site to capture a tour in this manner. Time is money and you would be better off scanning the space with a Pro1/Pro2 or a supported 360 camera

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I may have had a better experience if I were rocking the current iPhone 11 Pro with its wide angle lens ~ when capturing on the phone you have an option of a single ring or a triple ring.

If you have ever created a 360 photo with Googles street view app on a smart phone it is a similar process
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JCHAFE

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/10538/page/1/clarity-on-matterport-smartphone-capture/

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@lilnitsch yeah that a little away from production quality.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@leonherbert

I am at the ripe old age of 42 and my back was killing me capturing what you see above. Not many agents in my experience would try and capture a home in this manner.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@DanSmigrod going senile, totally forgot about that.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101432 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?