Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FacebookLivestreamPilot One

Labpano Pilot One: 360º livestream to Facebook11061

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
360 Video: Building a Brand on Instagram Workshop with Julie Pierre

Hi All,

On Tuesday (18 February 2020), I did this 360º Facebook livestream using a beta-tester version of the Labpano Pilot One that is expected to begin shipping in March 2020.

[Building a brand on Instagram: The Basics with Julie Pierre Starts at: -1:03:03]

Tech Notes

1. I used WiFi-Auto-setting and the Pilot One Camera set it at: HD (1280P). I probably should have tried 4K (1920P) since our co-working space has excellent, solid Wi-Fi.
2. I used the built-in microphone to record audio
3. The video at the top was a download of the Facebook livestream. The quality of the livestream looks better than the video I post via Vimeo.

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

Pilot One 360º 1-Click Camera is a Contender for Real Estate Photographers

---

Screen Grab: Labpano is presently accepting Pilot One pre-orders through the first week of March ($1,199 64GB | $1,249 128GB) with a free GPS module (valued at $129) with this link.
Post 1 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Thanks for shooting this 360 video and posting to WGAN. A couple of observations:

1. I am sure the raw video was much higher in resolution, but by the time it got processed by Vimeo, it lost a bunch of clarity. I wonder how much better it might have been at the higher res setting you mentioned? Regretfully, despite the fact you were sitting in the front row with the LabPano cam on a tripod directly in front of you, I could not read the slide show by the presenter.

2. There was a fairly defined stitch line right in the middle of your body, then another just to the right of the person sitting on your left -- whenever he talked and leaned forward, it was very noticeable.

3. The internal mic was great when you, or your neighbor were talking, but degraded (hollow tunnel-like sound) when the presenter was talking. This is expected for sure, but it was not as bad as I was expecting.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@bryanhscott

Much thanks for the feedback.

I should have manually adjusted the setting so that the board was readable. That was a learning curve item for me.

I will try live-streaming from an event on the best setting.

I will try an external mic.

Sitting too close on a stitch line will be problematic with present designs of 360 cameras.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101432 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?