Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GPSHDRRicoh Theta Z1

Matterport and Ricoh Theta Z1 GPS?11054

Astroprojector private msg quote post Address this user
I question about images taken by Theta Z1 while using the Matterport app.

Does anyone one knows if Matterport app does not record GPS data for images taken with Z1?

Since GSV is disabled by Matterport I am downloading images from Z1 and using Pano2VR to create a tour for the GSV upload. The issue I have is that images do not have GPS data and I have to manually place the images on the map.

Wondering if Matterport app does add GPS data to the images or if there is something I need to enable.

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
They may be add it when you use their cameras but in Theta cameras only apps that control the camera record location data. I would suggest using Theta plugin for GPS so you can use an external bluetooth receiver but plugins do not work if it is controlled by the Capture app.

May be someone knows a way around but I believe there is none to the date.

If you are not in rush with publishing just wait till Matterport turns on GSV publishing. At least you won't spend a lot of time on finding a correct spot and orienting the spheres. It is just much easier and takes one minute to publish a matterport tour to GSV because you do it as a whole model.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Peter360 private msg quote post Address this user
I believe when you shoot with z1 using the capture app it also takes a composite HDR jpg which is left on the camera so no need to download (lower resolution) images from Matterport, just take from camera and you can edit as you wish. However the point that Wingman makes about GPS is still very valid.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@Astroprojector Matterport does not add any gps information to their images or the theta, it is coordinated accurately in space, not location. That is why you put in the address in matterport as it then puts the constellation in the general correct area. You still need to rotate and place the model accurately.

What @Peter360 is correct, you could in fact just shoot the images with Z1 if you do not want a matterport model, just the gsv. The z1 works pretty well outside getting coordinates from a cell phone, but inside it will be less or not accurate at all.

@Wingman have you actually used a plugin for external gps? Can you operate the camera with your phone still to take the photographs on the Z1?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
JuMP team can make an automatic alignment services to panos that based on Matterport showcase.
Please PM me to talk about the detail.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter360
I believe when you shoot with z1 using the capture app it also takes a composite HDR jpg which is left on the camera so no need to download (lower resolution) images from Matterport, just take from camera and you can edit as you wish.

It is possible as HDR seems to be internal feature on a camera sot it is triggered when a signal sent to make a shoot. Plugins are also can be turn on and off through a camera and work with a camera hard button. However since some of them(if not all) required a web interface to use them that may explain why they do not work with any 3rd party apps.

@leonherbert, I have not had a chance to do it. I was focused on making it work with my RTK receivers. One of them needed to run on a smartphone with a special NTRIP app so doing it through bluetooth and Theta GPS plug in would not help me at all.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?