Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Trim

Wish List: Trim the Ceiling1083

RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I know Matterport is really trying to make their platform easy enough for any non-techie to use but it would be great to add a "clean-up" mode in the Workshop to essentially "Photoshop" the dollhouse and floor plan views.

As much as I love the concept of the Dollhouse view, for those of us who are OCD or have a perfectionist bone, it's enough to drive me crazy when things get wonky.

Take for example, this tour which has a skylight that just ruins the whole thing.

http://101stway.renderingspace.com

Being able to trim vertically would definitely improve the quality of this scan along with many others.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Shane private msg quote post Address this user
@RenderingSpace I had no idea that this would happen with a skylight. I'll be eagerly waiting to hear of any solutions that may be presented.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like an option to have separate displays for individual scans being turned on and off. Example would be if you scan outside a house and can't see inside. If an option existed to toggle the outside on and off would be nice
Post 3 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, totally backing you on the Y-axis trim, I scanned an office space and you can see a lot of "artifacts" sort of hanging above the area due to ventilation and stuff in the ceiling. As a step 1 it could potentially be solved by setting an allow max height parameter. So if the room is 10´ high, you could trim it at 8´to avoid objects above that level. This will only work with single level flat ceiling properties though.

Step 2 would be adding a UI to actually trim in dollhouse mode, but even with my limited knowledge of programming I´m pretty sure this is a really complex thing to code, hence the above suggestion would probably be easier to start off with.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Dennis_N private msg quote post Address this user
It would be cool if Matterport allowed for a 3D model to be re imported after editing in an external app, and be used as the doll house view.
I don't see much coding needed for this.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I've previously chatted with MP about this issue they call it "Space Junk" and I was told that this is something they are continuing to work on to try and fix... that conversation was about 4-5 months ago!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Same here. The 'Space Junk' needs Y-axis trim! It doesn't look good!
Post 7 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a good example of why you'd want to trim the ceiling. The dining room ceiling is one gigantic mirror! Impossible to trim.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=emx4v8dhWuz
Post 8 IP   flag post
101432 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?