Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BugGoogle Street ViewGSV

Matterport Publish to Google Street View (GSV) tour display questions10799

Astroprojector private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I know how to publish through Matterport, however, I have several questions regarding how the Matterport tour displayed in GSV. I tried to find example on the web, but could not get anything specific.

1. Does the tour being displayed as one photo on the Business Landing page or it displays each scan separately?
2. Do the linking between the scans done automatically or do I have to do it manually?
3. If the entrance to the business is from parking lot, will it be linked to the street, if not how does it displayed in the Google Maps when street view enabled?
4. What if the business on the 2nd floor, how does the linking to the street works?
5. So far I tried publish twice and after several hours waiting I got message that GSV publish failed. The tour is public. Any ideas why it might fail?

Thank you for your help.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
The answer is "yes"

https://bit.ly/2QBP7G6

I know this isn't a straight forward answer.

(1) When published from Matterport All visible scan positions should be visible on the business's google business profile/page.

(2) connections between scan positions are made automatically.

(3) It can be however, you may need to add additional scans or 360 views from the street through the parking lot if you wan to pull them in. I have used my DJI Mavic 2 Pro for this in the past & on the Brewery above. However, the road didn't have imagery yet. I may grab the connecting road this spring or summer.

(4) Floors to my amaze have generated automatically. So, floors stay in tact

(5) Double check the business id settings or you may need to reach out to support@matterport.com to see what may be going on
Post 2 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@Astroprojector 1) Like all google tours all images will be found under the inside photographs on google.
2) automatically
3)With street view enabled you will see blue dots on the map that match up to where the images are placed within the model presuming that you lined up the matterport model to the building when uploading.
4) Unless you have the first floor in the model google will assume that the second floor is on the ground. That is why you should always attempt to have floors connected with matterport even if you are not going to scan a floor.
5) How many scan points? Is there a virtual tour in that location already? Did you publish then get a message that the gsv publish failed, and then you published again?Contact matterport support
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@Astroprojector It would appear that there is a problem with the GSV publish as I just got a failure notice on one of my updates. So it could be Matterport or Google. I would contact matterport.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Astroprojector private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like the issue with Google. I was told by couple of support techs that Google changes the GSV API and photos being regected. This is going on since November. We were supposed to receive an email, but I did not get one. Also they said that Publish to GSV on Matterport will be disable temporarily until Google fixes the issue. No timeline on the fix was given.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101428 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?