Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know why the fullscreen option is disabled on mobile? I´m on android and when I use the native Internet app I can go to desktop mode and go fullscreen from there, I just prefer the fullscreen landscape mode without the status bar of the phone and the browser menu tab since they make the viewport narrow.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @3DscannUK,

I believe that the mobile browser manufacturers impose this by default with no way to circumvent. I'd love to be shown otherwise, but my testing for my WP3D Models plugin indicated that "fullscreen" is, for the most part, limited to desktop browsers.

With that said, if the proper "web app" code is added to a page, and that page is saved to a "home screen", you can potentially keep the status bar from appearing. Obviously, that's a bunch of ifs/ands/buts.

Considering these details, & if you don't mind, can you pull up the following version of the "fullscreen" view that I've created via our WP3D Models Matterport + WordPress plugin?

http://wp3dmodels.com/3d-model/wilma-condo-vacation-rental/fullscreen/

I'd love your feedback re: how this looks/works on your device. We worked very hard to come up with a solution for mobile that keeps a user on your site and doesn't kick the URL away.

Additionally, we've added the opportunity to supplement the model with information, sharing & contact data. Thanks!

Ross
Post 2 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @rpetersn

I´ve written a page template that allows me to do the same thing, you can see it here; http://www.3dscann.co.uk/keating-park-lofts-sw2/

It adds a small footer with social media sharing and our logo, as well as the OG image for the social media sharing.

I was under the assumption that Matterport disabled the allowfullscreen attribute in their mobile css, but I´m probably wrong.

Your plugin works fine on Android, it shows the logo and the header bar, but no fullscreen option. And in landscape mode about 50 % of the screen is populated by menu bars, leaving a very narrow viewport for the content.

I think it might be a case of adding the allowfullscreen attribute to the div that holds the iframe, but I can´t get it to work and google isn´t providing me with any pointers either.

I´m pretty sure I´ve seen the fullscreen button on mobile before, but I´m not able to reproduce.

I´ll see if I can look into it this weekend.

Thanks for your reply.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101421 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?