Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.objBLK360Matterport MatterPak

BLK360 OBJ file needed for test in 3D Max10666

bouncedmx private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys I am Nightclub Designer and we use Matterport to scan the nightclubs and design in 3D Max. I need a BLK360 matterport matterpack OBJ file download for import test in 3D Max.
I am considering to buy BLK360 but until now there is no proof that we can use successfully BLK360 OBJ file downloaded from Matterport for 3D Max.

The BLK supplier sends us OBJ file after one month delay and it does not open....
Matterport support say they do not have such file in their database which is funny because they are the developers of this system. I will appreciate if someone sends me BLK OBJ file for a test or transfer or upload a test scan to my Matterport account.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@bouncedmx Here is some material for you. We scanned Lake Bill (Gates) at Microsoft headquarters in Seattle, WA.

OBJ from BLK external scan
Matterport tour

We imported the OBJ in Unity and created this VR experience out of it. Enjoy!

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini Your Lake Bill showcase was all captured by BLK360, right?
Why the maximum resoluton of Panos is only 8K x 4K? It is equal to Pro1 camera.
Pro2 can provide 16K x 8K resolution.

So if we want to get best photo we should select Pro2 to do the job, right?
And BLK360 is only for big area and outside cases, right?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@Jump My understanding is that MP artificially limits the size of the downloadable panos on Pro2. In fact, it's has been a subject of complaints by the MP community. I heard a workaround to get the full size panos is to publish to GSV (Google Street View) and then download them from there using a software like GoThru. I haven't tested this workflow myself.

The above tour was all done in BLK360, which is probably the best solution to date for outdoors and large areas scanning.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini Thanks a lot for your reply.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Tosolini, I tried to import the OBJ file in 3D max, but again there is no object visible.... Do you have any idea which 3D software can open this BLK360 Matterport OBJ file?

Note! When we download OBJ Matterpack file scanned with Matterport camera all work perfectly. The strange situation happens only when we import OBJ file scanned with BLK360. We tried different 3D max versions and it does not works...
Thanks for your help anyway.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@bouncedmx I think our VR designer uses Blender to clean the model and then Unity. We don't have experience with 3D Max, sorry
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Tasolini Thank you!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?