Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingMeasurementsPricing

Should MSPs charge extra for enabling Matterport Measurement Mode?10652

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Gif image courtesy of Matterport

Video: Matterport Measurement Mode | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel (4 December 2019)

Should MSPs charge extra for enabling Matterport Measurement Mode?

Hi All,

Should Matterport Service Providers charge extra for enabling Matterport Measurement Model (in Workshop 3.0):

✓ we can create measurements that we want always displayed to the user
users can create and see their own measurements (if we choose to enable this feature)

The good news is that Matterport enables the account owner to turn Matterport Measurement Mode feature on or off: including one or both of the above.

While it is super-easy to enable this feature, it is a feature that offers huge value.

The bigger picture question is probably, "Should we charge by value received by our clients or the time it takes us to do something?"

While I could imagine that the vast majority of Matterport Service Providers will simply off this feature for free - likely because competitors will - it's still an interesting question about, "Should MSPs charge extra for enabling Matterport Measurement Mode?"

For example, are you then going to create key measurements? What if the client does not like the measurements that you made, are you going to make changes at no charge? I could imagine that you might have a few rounds of changes - with some clients - regarding what the default measurements are.

Will you offer Matterport Measurements Mode as an Add On? Including in a Bundle? Or Free?

Happy holidays,

Dan

Screen Grab 1 - Enable Matterport Measurement Mode in Matterport Workshop 3.0 | Toggle On Measurements Model for two options:
✓ Visitors can go into Matterport Measurements Mode and create their own temporary measurements
✓ Visitors can see the Measurements [Admin] created and published

Screen Grab 2 - Consumer Facing controls for Matterport Measurement Mode | Toggle On: Snapping and Continuous Lines (See video at top of page for an explanation by Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank)

---

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

Matterport Enables Interactive 3D Measurements for Its Platform
Example of Matterport Measurement Mode - Measurements Created by the Admin
Question of the Day: How will Matterport Measurement Mode Affect Biz Dev?
Should MSPs charge extra for enabling Matterport Measurement Mode?
Why home buyers will want to buy the 3D Tour created to sell the home
Matterport Blog: Matterport Enables 3D Measurements For Its Platform

Matterport to Offer Automatic Interactive Measurements of Tours/Floor Plans
Video of new interactive measurement capability announced last week
Measurements in Matterport Showcase instead of Matterport Workshop?
Matterport Measurement Mode Announcement!

Related

PRNewswire (12 December 2019) Matterport Enables Interactive 3D Measurements for Its Spatial Data Platform - New Measurement Mode further positions Matterport digital twins as the collaboration medium for the built world
Matterport Blog (12 December 2019) Matterport Enables Interactive 3D Measurements For Its Spatial Data Platform
Inman (Sponsored Post) (9 December 2019) How 3D tech is ensuring accuracy and transparency in the transaction

Matterport Blog (19 November 2019) How digital twins unlock new ways to collaborate faster and more effectively

--
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
Of course, they shouldn't charge us anymore! They already charge us too much to host our models.

As far as charging clients for this I think I'll charge $25. I don't think many Realtors will pay that but construction jobs will.

It's included with Capture3D's websites already.

Mahalo,
Skeeter
Post 2 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
Oboldyrev private msg quote post Address this user
The problem is that you can't enable it by model. It is either enabled or not.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport Measurement Mode | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel (4 December 2019)

@Oboldyrev

The video above shows how to enable on a per model basis.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
This feature was already active on my account. I would say this should automatically be given to the end user. If it does't cost us anything why nickel & dime the end user. Just my 2 cents...

Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
The measurement tool works in the Showcase app as well but, only on cloud based models doesn't appear to work on downloaded models
Post 6 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod To me, this is another reason to send out a blast email to your client and prospective client email list. It's also another reason why they should purchase a Matterport Tour over so many other platforms offered by 3rd parties. The implications of this new feature for all business verticals is a really big deal!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?