Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
How toMeasurements

Example of Matterport Measurement Mode - Measurements Created by the Admin10649

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport Measurement Mode | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel (4 December 2019)

Hi All,

If you have enabled Matterport Measurement Mode - and added measurements in Matterport Workshop 3.0 that you have set to show publicly - please share as example.

Or, if you have enable Matterport Measurement Model so that you user can see their own measurements, please share an example.

Thanks,

Dan

---

Related WGAN Forum Discussions

Matterport Enables Interactive 3D Measurements for Its Platform
Example of Matterport Measurement Mode - Measurements Created by the Admin
Question of the Day: How will Matterport Measurement Mode Affect Biz Dev?
Should MSPs charge extra for enabling Matterport Measurement Mode?
Why home buyers will want to buy the 3D Tour created to sell the home
Matterport Blog: Matterport Enables 3D Measurements For Its Platform

Matterport to Offer Automatic Interactive Measurements of Tours/Floor Plans
Video of new interactive measurement capability announced last week
Measurements in Matterport Showcase instead of Matterport Workshop?
Matterport Measurement Mode Announcement!

Related

PRNewswire (12 December 2019) Matterport Enables Interactive 3D Measurements for Its Spatial Data Platform - New Measurement Mode further positions Matterport digital twins as the collaboration medium for the built world
Matterport Blog (12 December 2019) Matterport Enables Interactive 3D Measurements For Its Spatial Data Platform
Inman (Sponsored Post) (9 December 2019) How 3D tech is ensuring accuracy and transparency in the transaction

Matterport Blog (19 November 2019) How digital twins unlock new ways to collaborate faster and more effectively

--
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

Matterport Measurement Mode also enables you to name the measurement.

To test, I measured the artwork in the living room of this hotel room.

Hint: Look for the measurement tool at the bottom of the Matterport 3D Tour to enable.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Note the important of the "mesh" ... that's the data that the Matterport camera captures. You can only "anchor" a start and end point of a Matterport Measurement where there is data. For example, I was not able to measure the diagonal of the TV set because Matterport has trouble capturing depth data on black and shinny services. (That's why I measured outside the picture frame above.)

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
Dan
I agree completely on the mesh issue. If accurate data is to be obtained it would make sense that scanning will need to be more diligent. I have seen lots of Real Estate scans that only do one scan per room. Will a single scan in the center of the room give accurate enough results? I have been playing with the tool today and it appears the main issue is you cannot always "tag" the edge you need to make a measurement. I have found that if you turn off the "snap" feature it is much easier to tag the point you want. You also have to be very careful with measuring depending on the perspective. The attached picture is case in point. It is definitely a 36" cabinet with filler on the left side. However if you measure the front of the cabinet it thinks it is 48".
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@THRHHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by THRHHI
You also have to be very careful with measuring depending on the perspective. The attached picture is case in point. It is definitely a 36" cabinet with filler on the left side. However if you measure the front of the cabinet it thinks it is 48".

Yikes!

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?