Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,047 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FeedbackNewbiesScanning

1st Commercial Matterport Scan- Feedback Requested10602

ahagert private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

I have been studying the art of scanning and was a bit dissapointed with my dollhouse. I am shooting in Mexico and a ton of homes I will encounter have courtyards, fountains, etc.

Can you please check out my dollhouse, work and provide feedback?

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Overall, nice looking tour/home. When I transition with interior & exterior scans I typically switch back and forth between the Z1 for exterior and Matterport for interior
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab 1

Screen Grab 2

Screen Grab 3

@ahagert

Ambitious project for your first commercial Matterport scan. Congrats on successfully scanning this large space (and for the business).

In Screen Grab 1 - and in similar spaces - the "black hole" in the window can be fixed on your iPad by using the window trim tool. If you did mark the window with the window trim tool, then two likely causes about why it did not trim property. Either the trim is facing the wrong direction, or you need to move the trim inside the space more.

About outside, follow @lilnitsch advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
Overall, nice looking tour/home. When I transition with interior & exterior scans I typically switch back and forth between the Z1 for exterior and Matterport for interior

While the Matterport Pro2 3D Camera may do scans in bright sun (Screen Grab 2), problems show up in the floor plan looking black. In addition to black looking bad in dollhouse and floor plan views, the user will "fly-through" the floor if they click there in either dollhouse or floor plan view. For clarification, they are trying to see the top, outside level, but can't get there (Screen Grab 3).

The "trick" for shooting the top outside deck with Matterport scanning - is to scan when the camera can NOT see the sun. Either the building needs to block the sun or shoot before sunrise or after sunset. There is an art to doing this successfully. The easy/fast way to do the top is to use Matterport Views (that do not have 3D mesh data as you have done on a few shots.

Hope this is helpful.

BTW, great looking website and congrats again on your first commercial Matterport scan.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thank you both for the feedback!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch

Can you please share a scan with me that shows me the end result? Thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
This is an example of combining the Z1 with the Pro2

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab 4

@ahagert

One way to (try) to avoid the railing problem (Screen Grab 4) is to make sure that the camera is facing the rail when it stops rotating. I could imagine that the camera was at a 45-degree angle facing the railing, so two images were stitched together (which is a problem when an object is close to the camera.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab 5

Screen Grab 6

@ahagert

In Highlights Reel, when you transition from floor 4 to floor 5, for example, you might try adding a dollhouse view for floor 4 (Screen Grab 5) and then adding dollhouse for floor 5 (Screen Grab 6) so that when the user plays the Highlight Reel, the user experiences a transition from floor 4 to floor 5.

Clear as mud?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101588 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?