Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LoopMatterVidsParameters

How to record a Matterport Highlight Reel to Play in a loop10534

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

From the Matterport Support Live Q&A Thursday, 21 November 2019.

Transcript

So, there's two different ways to accomplish this that I see. The easiest one would be to add what we call a parameter at the end of the URL string of the model itself. So it's something you have to manually type in to your browser in order to change how the model works.

But there is a parameter that allows you to loop the [Matterport] Highlight Reel.
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Zh14WDtkjdC&lp=1

Screen Grab courtesy of Matterport Support URL Parameters Page

Another way of accomplishing that same thing, and by the way, if you were to visit [Matterport] Support FAQ page and type in the word parameter, you can find that particular article with those details in there.

(There are a bunch of other parameters that we have available that change the behavior of how your model plays back and works and functions. And all of those parameters, if they're copied and pasted, can be, as long as the entire string is intact with those parameters at the very end of it, at like a suffix to the URL string itself, then will behave in that particular way that you've designated. That can also occur if you were to embed those parameters on a page, or copy and paste it and send it off to your MLS, those behaviors will remain.)

The loop is one of many different parameters that we have available. The other way to make a Highlight Reel – quote/unquote – loop … would be a far larger manual process of setting up your Highlight Reel, and using a video capture program to make a standalone video asset outside of [the Matterport] workflow, to have and play on a loop that way.

So you would use something like QuickTime, on your computer to record your screen, play the Highlight Reel, and then save that QuickTime video and loop it in that way, if you wanted to have the model on, say a standalone computer or a screen somewhere else playing it in that way. So hopefully that helps.

“… on a Mac, …. I use QuickTime to capture the screen as the Highlight Reel is playing through, and that generates a nice little video file that you can just have looping, embedded in whatever webpage or anything like that they're sent off. But I know there is an application called, I believe, Icecream, for Windows that works very well for screen recording.

---

[Note: If you post the video to Vimeo, "loop video" is one of the options. Dan]
Post 1 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
Dan,

You have made great points about the different ways to loop the tours.

When you capture a Highlight Reel to Video like we do with MatterVids you can either just play the tour from beginning to end and then let it loop, or you can polish it up a bit.

The easiest way to do it is to just add a dip to black transition to the beginning and end of the video and let it loop that way.

At MatterVids, we take it a step further because just like silence in radio loses the listener’s attention, we believe that in this world of constant visual stimulation, viewers are trained to see a fade to black as a mental trigger to move on... if that’s not your goal, don’t use that method. 😉👍🏽

Every time we convert a Matterport Highlight Reel to Video in HD or in 4K, we take the time to move the file into our editing suite and adjust it so that it will loop seamlessly. That way, if you are setting up for a presentation or a Tradeshow display and set the software you are using to loop, viewers never get the fade to black signal to move on.

It’s a matter of having the video begin and end in the exact same spot. Anyone can do it by taking the time to make the edits, but it’s just second nature to us, so we just prefer to do it for every client as part of the standard service. 😁

God Bless,
Chris
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

To follow-up on @ArtisticConcepts about MatterVids ...

Free! Butter Smooth Video from your Matterport (Free Instagram Version too)

Let WGAN Show You How With This Free Offer

Receive one (1) MatterVid – a 'Butter Smooth' video from your Matterport 3D Tour - and a bonus of a free Instagram Video from the same Matterport 3D Tour, if you are a WGAN Standard or Premium Member.

Simply order MatterVids video - Matterport 3D tour to MP4 - with 3-business day turnaround from long-time WGAN Member @ArtisticConcepts and submit this WGAN Rebate Form (Please Private Message me for the Password or see your WGAN Welcome Onboard Letter).

MatterVids are available for any public Matterport Space that includes a Highlight Reel – set to either Walkthrough or Slide Show – with the Play button accessible. You simply need to provide the Matterport 11-digit Tour ID when you order here.

Just starting out and don't have Matterport 3D Tour yet – or want a video from a category that you have not shot? WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members get the free use of these MatterVids: including the Instagram versions. (Plus, WGAN will be adding more MatterVides created from many of these 39 Matterport 3D Tours. Select the tag: Examples

Happy Thanksgiving,

Dan

P.S. Comparing MatterVids created from Matterport Highlights Reel with WalkThrough and Slideshow

Walkthrough Mode Example
Above is an example of a MatterVid with the Highlight Reel set to "WalkThrough". Matterport 3D Tour courtesy of MatterVids

Slideshow Mode
This is an example of a MatterVid with the Highlight Reel set to "Slideshow". Matterport 3D Tour courtesy of MatterVids
Post 3 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, Dan is very helpful - I can see the benefit of recording a highlight and then bring it into an editing program where I'm much more at home. However the highlight reel creation I also find clunky - I think allowing more controls and software options from matterport would help. But this still gives us a tool, one of many to support clients and their marketing needs. Spencer
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Spencerlasky

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencerlasky
I think allowing more controls and software options from matterport would help.

I added your Matterport Wish List item here:

"Wish List" for Matterport Workshop

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?