Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCADCombining SpacesMuseumsStitching

How big is big10118

WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
I’m doing a four story building to create CAD drawings. I have scanned the first and fourth floor. Connected with internal stairs I uploaded 367 scans. I now need to do second and third floor which could end up with a similar number so can I just continue on same model or should I start a new one and get matterport to Stich. I normally went to Dee but understand she is not there.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few monsters

And

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Harrycayman

Wow! That's crazy (exciting). I hope you can share this large Matterport space with the WGAN Community, once done.

I recommend:

1. Duplicate your Matterport model on your iPad
2. Continue to add scans to this model
3. If you iPad does not crash, upload to Matterport
4. If the model processes, you are done.
5. If the model does not process, duplicate and upload and then ask Matterport to stitch together (more on this in a moment)
6. If your iPad does crash, duplicate the model twice: once to delete scans to a logical floor break. And, the other for what still needs to be done. For clarification, on one duplicate, you delete scans that are not necessary for the earlier floor(s); and on the other model, you delete the opposite so that you have the begin of the floor(s) that you need to complete.
7. Clear as mud?

If you need to ask Matterport Support help for stitching, here is the latest on that topic (as of two days ago: Wednesday, 11 September 2019) from Matterport Marketing Representative @Jwbuckl whom posted the following in this WGAN Forum discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Jwbuckl
Matterport just posted an official statement regarding stitching on its Official Users' Group page (MOUG). I am reposting it here:

Hello MOUG Members:
Matterport is updating our customers about new and pending requests to combine multiple Matterport spaces into a single space.

Combining Matterport spaces is an unsupported technique requested by customers via customer service channels. A manual editing technique has been used to complete each request that can take several hours, depending upon the size and scope of the request.

The volume of requests for combining spaces has grown from an occasional request for a special project, to the steady, high volume of requests we receive today from customers who are depending on the technique to complete their day to day work.

To resolve the backlog of customer requests for combining models, Matterport is taking the following proactive steps:

-Training service staff to increase production capacity and clear the current backlog.
-Reviewing all use cases related to these requests to inform future product directions.
-Proactively contacting customers who regularly request combining spaces.

Given the current backlog, we expect requests to combine spaces will take up to four weeks to complete.
We realize these steps above may have an impact on your business. Matterport considers this an important issue and is treating it with high priority. We are working to finish existing requests as quickly as possible, and to keep MOUG users up to date as we work to reduce the completion time for future requests.

Thanks,
Richard Heintze
Director, Matterport Support

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
All of the above Dan. This is the master scan I have duplicated and separated several parts of the tour to create seperatevtours for each section!

The original scan was over 1050 scans

I managed to reduce this to 630 to get it to process this tour.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN-TV
Training U
Perth AUS
schaferu private msg quote post Address this user
Great thread, thanks guys. @3dshowcaseuk, to reduce the number by over 400, did you just “thin out” in-between points as and when possible?

As I read about 800 points before processing in 40 hours inside 1 model on an earlier post, maybe another part to this question would be (@DanSmigrod?, @MP) what IS the largest number of scans anyone has known to have had successfully processed inside ONE model with a lot of patience?

Thanks all
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
This is reply I got from matterport in the past Dee stitched large models and fixed non alignment below is response

Hi Harry,

Stitching is actually not a supported service and right now we have about a 4-6 week backlog of stitching requests. The supported method of linking two Matterport spaces together is to use Mattertags.

Using "Stitching" to manually combining spaces is an experimental and manual procedure used to correct errors that occurred the scanning process.

Anything over 200 scan points is in a "at your own risk" territory though. You should try to complete it in one, if that is your goal. But understand that you may need to break it into at least 2 models and then use Mattertags anyway.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
Hi schaferu

Yes simply delete scans that are close together and thin out. As you can see from the above tours I had very repetitive like the call centre desks and the main auditorium seating. This meant I had to scan 6-10 feet apart to get alignment, then I deleted every other scan.

The most I have ever processed is 674 in 28 hours.

I would highly recommend that you duplicate your tour before you delete any scans as a precaution and name them clearly to avoid accidental deletion

Cheers
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN-TV
Training U
Perth AUS
schaferu private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks heaps, sounds good, appreciate it
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferu
what IS the largest number of scans anyone has known to have had successfully processed inside ONE model with a lot of patience?

I believe you will find the answer in one of these WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Large

Can you look and let us know?

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dshowcaseuk
I have a few monsters

And

Wow!

You are a Monster Matterport Pro!

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycayman
This is reply I got from matterport in the past Dee stitched large models and fixed non alignment below is response

Thanks for letting us know. unfortunately, 4-6 week backup is not helpful for clients that are use to getting their space delivered in 1-2 days.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
101641 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?