Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 ViewsGoogle Street ViewGSVMatterport 3D Conversion Engine

How to Get Matterport 360 Views to show up on Google Maps?10045

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A WGAN Forum Member - with a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera - writes:

---

"I do a lot of restaurant and bars here which have outdoor spaces. Normally in shade I can get scans. But in the sun I end up having to do [Matterport] 36º0 Views which then don’t show in the Google Map upload from Matterport . The scan position in the walk thru tour do."

"I have tried using Matterport pro 2 and convert to 3d scans and have a 15% success rate."

"How do you do yours you using the [Ricoh] Theta Z1 ? Does that have to also scan and line up to convert 360 to 3d and what is the success rate?"

---

Hello [Redacted],

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried shooting Matterport 360º Views outdoors AND processing them with the Matterport 3D Conversion Engine? This MIGHT successfully convert the OUTDOOR 360º Views so that they get published to Google Maps. Perhaps this is what you mean by, "I have tried using Matterport pro 2 and convert to 3d scans and have a 15% success rate."

(I would imagine that using the Matterport 3D Conversion Engine would work the same with Ricoh Theta Z1 or Insta360 One X.)

Or, have you tired exporting the Matterport 360º Views and then publishing them to Google Maps using either the Google Street View app on Panoskin?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

the success rate for me converting the 360 views to 3d scans is 15% .Just wondered if the rich is better at conversion ? I will try exporting them and use street view app to see if that works.

Harry
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Harrycayman

" As for uploading 360 Views to GSV, they would have to be placed on the [Matterport Capture app] mini-map otherwise they won't be uploaded," writes Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank.

Please let us know how it goes ...

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you dan will let you know
Post 4 IP   flag post
101742 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?