Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro1Pro2Versus

Question RE: Confirmation of whether its a Pro 1 or Pro 2 scan9974

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Does any one know if there's a way to confirm what type of camera was used on a scan after it has been completed?

We recently had opportunity to refer out a project to another MSP and I asked prior to the scan if they had the Pro1 or Pro 2 Camera. They said they had the Pro 2, but I have my suspicions that they used a Pro1 as I'm used to more clarity and crisper edges on walls and furniture then what I am seeing. Might just be in my mind though, so I'm wondering if there's any way to tell. Perhaps based on the model # or something?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
There has to be a way based on pixel density.....
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Chemistrydoc I'm sure you're right; however, I wouldn't even know how to go about testing that! I was hoping there'd be some clue if I inspect the page source details, but that html language is all greek to me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport’s support could probably tell you. On mobile devices it’s hard to tell the difference
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Can you access the model in workshop? If so, capture some 2D photos. Capture some from a known Pro2 model of similar content. Compare pixel counts / dpi in Properties.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Queen_City_3D reach out to support@matterport.com with the tour link they should be able to tell you what it was shot on
Post 6 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch I'll email them and see if they can tell me.

@Chemistrydoc Yes... the model was transferred to me. Good idea... I'll compare a snapshot at 100% taken in this model with one at 100% taken with my own camera.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Queen_City_3D I shot our real estate office on all the supported cameras except the blk. The Insta360 & theta V are pretty easily spotted as lessor cameras but the Z1, Pro1, & Pro2 take a little pixel peeping on the desktop to really tell the difference
Post 8 IP   flag post
Here's the pixel test:

The details from a snapshot taken at 100% sizing from the model transferred to us from their camera:

And details from a snapshot taken from one of our most recent scans (also taken at 100%):

Theirs is 2832 x 1593 whereas ours is 5664 x 3186.

I think it would be safe to say theirs is not a Pro 2.... am I right?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Yep! Pretty much what it should be (remembering that Pro2 is "4K"
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Our 6k just showed up today.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch Nice camera! Do you plan to take video with it as well?
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Queen_City_3D indeed that is BlackMagic’s wheel house. It’s a 6k cinema camera
Post 13 IP   flag post
inmerso3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_City_3D
Does any one know if there's a way to confirm what type of camera was used on a scan after it has been completed?

We recently had opportunity to refer out a project to another MSP and I asked prior to the scan if they had the Pro1 or Pro 2 Camera. They said they had the Pro 2, but I have my suspicions that they used a Pro1 as I'm used to more clarity and crisper edges on walls and furniture then what I am seeing. Might just be in my mind though, so I'm wondering if there's any way to tell. Perhaps based on the model # or something?

I think this works:
1-Enter to the tour
2-You stop at any point
3-Zoom out completely with the mouse wheel
4-Start to zoom in with the mouse wheel slowly to count the "clicks" of zoom in until the end
5-If the tour was done with a Pro 1, it only allows 12 "zoom clicks" approx. If the tour was done with a Pro 2, it allows 23 "zoom clicks" approx.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@inmerso3D I'll have to try that out.

The pixel count was pretty much the evidence I needed, but Matterport support was able to confirm that it was done with a PRO 1.

We brought that to the attention of the sub-contractor and they apologized and to their credit are going to re-scan with the newer camera as per our agreement (they had both in their inventory).
Post 15 IP   flag post
inmerso3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_City_3D
@inmerso3D I'll have to try that out.

The pixel count was pretty much the evidence I needed, but Matterport support was able to confirm that it was done with a PRO 1.

We brought that to the attention of the sub-contractor and they apologized and to their credit are going to re-scan with the newer camera as per our agreement (they had both in their inventory).

Congratulations for solving the problem.

I also believe that pixel counting works best as evidence.

The "zoom cliks" I think serves to have a quick idea of the type of camera as a visitor of the tour without being a user of the workshop.

This topic was interesting.

Regards!
Post 16 IP   flag post
101429 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?