Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Ricoh Theta VRicoh Theta Z1VersusXPhase Pro

Ricoh Theta V versus Ricoh Theta Z19963

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I have seen the YouTube videos about both cameras. I currently have the Theta V, does anyone have both and or have used both. I am thinking about buying the Theta Z1 is worth the upgrade, features photos easy of use and or processing photos. I would appreciate any and all comments.

One other question have you used the Theta Z1 with Matterport, I used the Theta V, I like the speed but did not like the color balance of final product when done in a side by side comparison with MP Pro 2 camera in the same space.

Thank you
Ron
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Z1 is hands done a superior 360 camera to the v. I just ordered a second Z1
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks good to know from someone that has hands on.
Post 3 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
What he said. V stills from MP are useless.
Post 4 IP   flag post
That was the same issue I had with it on MP, almost making your tour ok but photo extractions useless.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I have used the Z1 for Zillow 3D tours, Matterport, & streetview. I have the V as well but the quality just isn’t as good. I didn’t bother with Zillow tours with the V as the imagery was really soft with how Zillow processes the photos. In the Matterport space the V lives in between the Insta360 One X & the Z1 (Z1 produces close to Matterport Pro1 quality) the Z1 also seems to have resolved the red dot lens flare issue that the V was notorious for
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Here are some comparisons with the cameras in the same office space:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=xLLwAFFREk2 (Theta Z1)

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Y7WR8bABsGh (Insta360 One X March12)

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=xkzi7yo69Lt (Theta V Febuary16)

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=yZy12bYJXYW (Insta360 One X Febuary8)

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=6o7wvBpXShR (Matterport Pro2)

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=z39a3a6VyXj (Matterport Pro1)
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
This is out of a Z1 Matterport tour (though early still running the beta program)
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
And recently at Inman imagery will be dependent on the space and lighting conditions - https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=1VucZPwDKcN
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
Just ordered my first Z1. I’ve heard and seen good things, can’t wait to try it out.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@8643d I just ordered a second Z1 yesterday
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch Awesome, hopefully it won’t take too long to ship. Said estimated shipment was the end of August.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch thank you so much for the information and examples based on your input I will probably order one, I was also shocked to see they are backordered.

Thank you again
Ron
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@ron0987 I kicked Ricoh at Inman for not having the Z1 at their booth the first day. They ended up overnighting a case down to the show and the sold out in just a couple days
Post 14 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch so you are the reason they are on backorder because of your request. 😁😁😁😁😁
Post 15 IP   flag post
LeeCollins private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s a link to view a couple of test images (shot with V & Z1) - shot HDR with no editing.

clickable text

I can honestly say the Theta Z1 is amazing with the detail in the image – colour etc is exactly the same, it shoots just as quick as the V and there does not seem to be any problem shooting inside cars.

Also here's a link to a blog - very basic overview but good sample images shot in same location at different times during the day.

clickable text

Hope that helps a bit.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I am sure my wife would love me to throw down another $1000
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@leonherbert I'm not married so, I don't need permission
Post 18 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch lucky man !!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Guys hold on a bit with Z1s. There is an Xphase Pro camera that does pretty fantastic resolution panoramas and it costs less than Z1.

You won't be able to use Xphase Pro with Matterport but it may be the best camera for GSV and custom tours under $1000 when they add some GSV related functionality. So far they need at least add recording location to panoramas.

Dan has posted a 360 rumors review about it recently. So he may include a link to it here.

There is also a facebook group for it supported by 360 rumors. Here is a link https://www.facebook.com/groups/xphasegroup/
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Dan has posted a 360 rumors review about it recently. So he may include a link to it here.

Related WGAN Forum discussion:

Video: XPhase Pro Review (200 MP 25 Lens 360º Camera)

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Wingman good article, but looking into it I see excellent equipment, I also see the price creeping up and initial release at $699 and now up to $879 and have not seen a couple of issues resolved. One would be the Geotagging which would be easily resolved by using the mobile devices geo tagging. This would be a great asset to make it compatible with GSV. That being said it sounds like a great camera, and you would think this would be a great camera for Matterport, if they would put it in there open arsenal of cameras. I just don't see that due to the fact they are probably to small a company. The small company being another issue, I have seen lots of smaller 360 camera companies not being able to hold up when in production like Wunder360. Great concept but not able to produce and deliver. If they get the these worked out and keep the price down, I think Matterport would be lucky to have it on board. If they partnered up with MP I could see it be beneficial for both great camera for MP at a reduced price and possibly it would bolster that companies face recognition.

One quick question for Z1 owners, I have been reading up on the Z1 and saw an article that spoke of this camera having the ability to take only half a sphere so you can walk to the other side to complete the sphere. I did not track the article because I figured this would be highlighted and now cannot find it. This giving you the ability to get a 360 photo without leaving your equipment and not having to Photoshop yourself out. I know that originally Ricoh Theta recommended Vanish 360 which will do it but the final product is not as good as I would like. So has anyone else seen this. I sent Ricoh's customer support asking the question, even being a registered owner of a Theta V I have received no response. So any info would be great.

Ron
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
I just don't see that due to the fact they are probably to small a company. The small company being another issue, I have seen lots of smaller 360 camera companies not being able to hold up when in production like Wunder360. Great concept but not able to produce and deliver.

you are right, it is a new company and we have no idea how it is going to be in terms of bugs and technical support. So far their website is completelly in Chinese. I just thought that for those who are not in rush to get a new Z1 it may be worth waiting. However at least they are happy to listen on customers feedback about missing features. Now one of their engineers joined the group according to their recent post. They have already got some ideas from members for what is missing through the poll Michael Ty run a few weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987

One quick question for Z1 owners, I have been reading up on the Z1 and saw an article that spoke of this camera having the ability to take only half a sphere so you can walk to the other side to complete the sphere.

This is called Time Shift plugin and I have posted info about it in the following tread.

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/9631/page/1/theta-vand-z1-fantastic-plugin-saves-you-time--takes-you-out-of-a-pano/#10

I have also asked Xphase team to add it as it is a great feature that very few manufacturer offer. Actually I am aware of only Iris360 cameras offering it as 50/50 option for taking their panoramas. I have never seen any other cameras apart from Ricoh offering it for their Vs and Z1s.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Wingman thank you for the input, I definitely liked the camera quality, in some cases better than Z1 but over all versatility Z1 hits the mark on a bunch of levels and even though I would buy both I also have a wife that would probably say yes but hard to justify. I am checking on the phase shift now thank you for the info.

Ron
Post 24 IP   flag post
101646 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?