Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceARCupixGoogle Street ViewSDKWaypoint

Best choice for indoor navigation9918

BechBruun private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all WGAN members

For the past few days I have been looking on different ways to capture and map indoor enviroment.

What I have found out so far, that my best choice is between matteport and cupix.

Now to the more hard part. What I want to do is to maps a venue. When I have mapped the venue, I would like to be able to create a navigation layer on top of that. lige google street.

Imagine if you are in a hotel, and you want your guest to use webapp or something whenere they can press in location to go and from where. Eg. I want to go from reception to room 225.

So what we are looking for a capturing software, where the image/camera nodes, can we programmed on the fly. Here I mean, the route can change, from one place to next.

How can I achive this with the current capturing methods. Do they have some kind of SDK that we can code on top of?

Best
John
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Have a look at the minimap feature in mpembed. Mpembed also supports custom maps (but you may need support from Chris Hickman).
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you @mechimages . I will try that out. For me as a developer it could be easy to code, only if I had access to the different nodes (camera points). I have not seen any SDK's where they can do it. Mybe there are some, but i'm new to this filed.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BechBruun

Welcome to the WGAN Forum ...

Great use case that you are seeking: Matterport with waypoint navigation.

Matterport 3D Showcase SDK
Matterport Virtual Reality SDK
Matterport Showcase SDK Documentation

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BechBruun

MPEmbed Overview
✓ All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: MPEmbed
MPEmbed Website

Special Offer for WGAN Standard and Premium Members

To receive the free use of MPEmbed Premium Basic Plan starting today (Tuesday, 1 January 2019), please see the WGAN Welcome Onboard Letter. (Please Private Message me for the password. Please include the Subject Line: Password for WGAN Welcome Onboard Letter.

Not yet a WGAN Standard or Premium Member?

40+ WGAN Membership Benefits | Compare WGAN Membership Plans | www.JoinStandard.com

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@BechBruun

Also, take a look at this solution:

Panoskin Custom Builder: Google Street View Tour on Steroids

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you for responding Dan

What I want to achive is following, after I have captured space with one of the mentioned 360 providers.

Just a line, taking you from a to b, where the route is not (hardcore)calculated , but will be calculated on our side when a user selects where to go. This should be possible to achive, because we know which 360 points are closest to each other.

Can't see if Panoskin can add this. I have sent them an email.

Best
Post 7 IP   flag post
101723 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?