Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Insta360 Pro 2Ricoh Theta VRicoh Theta Z1

best camera for outside photos9839

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
As we all know, the MP doesn't always do the best outside photos. I know MP has opened the platform to other cameras. What are the best camera options for taking (mostly real estate) photos outside that will work with MP tour?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy

Today (24 July 2019), you have four options:

1. Matterport (360ยบ View)
2. Ricoh Theta V
3. Ricoh Theta Z1
4. Insta360 One X

The above links are the tags to WGAN Forum discussions of these solutions.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I am going to try my Theta Z1 today but I can say that from my experience with my Theta V it does not suit the purpose or you need to scan with a small distance between scan points.

When I tried to do it with a V model the capture app started complaining with low overlap and "no alignment" straight after the start.

The second scan after the start I got "low overlap" on it and it was 2 meters away from the start and on the third point it said "no alignment" while the distance was no more than 2-2.5 meters away from the second one.

If the maximum distance between scans depends on a camera resolution I would expect it to be better with a Theta z1.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have just tried my Z1 and it is exactly the same as with my V model. Not sure why it is happening as each scan seems to cover(see) much bigger area than it allows to choose a proper distance between scan points.
More than 2 meters away from the first point and it cannot align, more than 1.5 from the second and it cannot align. I cannot see any reason to try further if all this happening from a start.

I do not know may be it will work with 1 meter distance between points but in this case even a small area needs to have a lot of scans.

The map coming from Thetas are also different. It is more colorful than from a Pro2 and it has an effect like a comb has been run through it.

And I have done both(V and Z1 tests) with the Sun being on the other side of my house and that area is covered by a huge tree so there has been no direct sunlight.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101641 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?