Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business PlanMarketingNewbiesReal EstateRealtors

Agents Request Tweaks and Features9780

SNFmarkerting private msg quote post Address this user
Hello and thanks for allowing me to post

I met with a real estate office here in Boston this week and presented the Matterport tours to them and here are some of their concerns:

1) They felt that the tour was pushing away clients! Clients that would have called them were unselling themselves as they walked through the tour. Is there a way to push/encourage the viewer of the tour to call/email/contact the listing agent?

2) Where are the tours? They paid for tours and couldn't find where they were to share with potential clients. They were not able to find them on the MLS, Zillow, Trulia or on their own site.

3) Heat map - they wanted to see where someone is looking at the tour and get their contact info so they can follow up with that client and seal the deal.

4) Is there a way to open up drawers, doors, closets while walking through the tour?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Shmuel
Post 1 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@SNFmarkerting

I am reprinting your questions below, with my reply comments immediately thereafter, for simplicity. As an FYI, not only do I run a Real Estate Media Company, I am a long-time Realtors, so have perspective on both sides of the table:

1) They felt that the tour was pushing away clients! Clients that would have called them were unselling themselves as they walked through the tour. Is there a way to push/encourage the viewer of the tour to call/email/contact the listing agent?

PRECISELY CORRECT. IF DONE CORRECTLY, THERE IS LITTLE TO THE IMAGINATION ABOUT THE PROPERTY. BETWEEN STILL PHOTOS, GUIDED TOUR VIDEO, 2D FLOORPLANS AND 3D, PRETTY MUCH ALL BUYERS WHO ASK THEIR AGENTS TO SET A SHOWING, ARE ALREADY SERIOUS BEFORE THEY GET THERE. FOR MY PART, THAT IS PERFECT. FEWER SHOWINGS, BUT MUCH HIGHER QUALITY SHOWINGS.

2) Where are the tours? They paid for tours and couldn't find where they were to share with potential clients. They were not able to find them on the MLS, Zillow, Trulia or on their own site.

IF THE MLS LISTING IS ACTIVE, THE TOUR LINK IS WHEREVER THE LISTING AGENT PUT IT. IN MY MLS, I HAVE UP TO 3 TOUR LINK LOCATIONS I CAN POPULATE. THE TOURS, PHYSICALLY, ARE HOSTED ON MATTERPORT SERVERS. MOST, IF NOT ALL, MLS's SYNDICATE LISTING DATA TO ZILLOW, WHICH OWNS TRULIA AND SENDS THEIR DATA TO ALL POPULAR HOUSING PORTALS. ZILLOW, FOR EXAMPLE, PICKS UP THE TOUR LINK URL FROM MY MLS AND PLACES IT IN THE ZILLOW LISTING UNDERNEATH "OTHER INTERIOR FEATURES." SO FAR AS POSTING ON THE AGENT'S OWN SITE, NO WORRIES, JUST GIVE THEM THE BRANDED, OR UNBRANDED (FOR MLS) URL's AND THEY CAN PLACE WHERE NEEDED.

3) Heat map - they wanted to see where someone is looking at the tour and get their contact info so they can follow up with that client and seal the deal.

I AM A BIT GREEN ON THIS ITEM, BUT MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT MATTERPORT STATS SHOW THE PICS BEING VIEWED AND OTHER STATISTICS THAT ARE RELEVANT, BUT THEY DO NOT OFFER A CONVENIENT WAY TO GET THOSE STATS SENT TO YOU (OR, YOUR AGENT CLIENT) IN AN AUTOMATED FASHION. THIS PROBABLY IS A BIT OF A NEGATIVE ON MP's PART.

4) Is there a way to open up drawers, doors, closets while walking through the tour?

SURE, TAKE A SCAN WITH THEM CLOSED, THEN TAKE ANOTHER WITH THEM OPENED. YOU WILL WANT TO CONSULT WITH MP SUPPORT ON HOW BEST TO ACCOMPLISH THIS TO BE SURE THIS ACTION DOESN'T JACK UP YOUR SPACE. MIGHT NOT BE AS USEFUL IF THE HOME IS STILL OCCUPIED, BUT I CAN SEE HOW THIS MIGHT BE A BENEFIT TO THE BUYER TO SEE ALL THIS IN A VACANT PROPERTY. THE OTHER WAY TO DEAL WITH THIS IS MAYBE USE A MATTERTAG AND EMBED A NARRATED VIDEO IN THE ROOMS WHERE YOU OPEN DRAWERS, DOORS, CABINETS, ETC., AND JUST EXPLAIN WHAT THE BUYER/VIEWER IS LOOKING AT AS YOU DO IT.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@SNFmarkerting

Welcome to the WGAN Forum. Thanks for joining ...

Building on @bryanhscott input ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @SNFmarkerting

This Single Property Website example – powered by WP3D Models WordPress Plugin – includes a lead generation form:

WP3D Models Single Property Website with Lead Generation Form Example

This Single Property Website example - powered by CAPTUR3D (CAPTUR3D website) – includes a lead generation form:

CAPTUR3D Single Property Website with Lead Generation Form Example (See Call / Email lower right)

Quote:

In addition to what @bryanhscott says, you can publish the Matterport 3D Tour to Realtor.com/Homes.com

About Matterport to Zillow 3D Home (potential) integration, please see this WGAN Forum discussion.

Shoot Matterport 3D Tour: Publish Many Places (Including Zillow 3D Home?)

Quote:

CAPTUR3D platform includes heat maps

How to Automate Sending Matterport Analytics Reports to your Clients
✓ Also see this CAPTUR3D Support page on CAPTUR3D Heat Maps Analytics
✓ MPEmbed plans to enable Matterport Heat Maps in its Premium tier in 3Q19, according to the MPEmbed website

Quote:

In addition to @bryanhscott comments above, you can add the Matterport 3D Tour to Realtor.com/Homes.com

Please see this related WGAN Forum discussion about Matterport to (potentially) Zillow 3D Home integration:

Shoot Matterport 3D Tour: Publish Many Places (Including Zillow 3D Home?)

Quote:

Yes. And, you should charge more for this. It's an art to accomplish for experienced Matterport Pros that understand the Matterport mesh. If you want to know more on this topic, please post as a new WGAN Forum question.

Best,

Dan

WGAN Special Offers

WP3D Models WordPress Plugin
CAPTUR3D
MPEmbed

WGAN-TV Live at 5

WGAN-TV CAPTUR3D Training Week for Matterport Pros | 12-16 August 2019
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Great responses! I for one don't think Realtors are using the tours to their full advantage. It falls on us to educate them. I would love to see them embed the tour on their own website but they don't know how or corporate hasn't caught up with technology and won't support it.

I had a realtor hire me because he wanted the floor plan only. He said he prefers to have the client see the listing in person. As mentioned above, if they don't like the house tour, the realtor has a slim chance of talking them into buying it while they are viewing in person. Why waste the time?

I have suggested Realtors put the custom made one page webpage into their ad. None have done it.

It's just a matter of gently reinforcing how they can use the tour to their advantage.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@fotoguy Agreed 100% with the notion that most Realtors are more acutely focused on their craft, rather than the nuances of embed vs. URL, etc. As I believe you alluded, not only is it incumbent upon us to train them, once we spend that extra time hand-holding, we will have them as customers forever. Agents, like most people, don't like to keep fixing a problem if it ain't broke. Put differently, unless they have a reason to change, they won't, because change creates disruption in their own workflow and more time being spent on something other than their mainstream. So, if they like you, they keep you.

I believe the above represents a clear opportunity to inform, train and then upsell and to create more glue to bind the relationship as a result. This sounds like a good start to a website video, which explains the various features we offer and how to use them to our mutual advantage. Maybe Dan S. has already put this sort of video together for his own customers?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @bryanhscott
Maybe Dan S. has already put this sort of video together for his own customers?

I look forward to seeing your video

Messaging for Matterport Service Providers to Real Estate Agents:

1. helping the agent get more listing presentations
2. helping the agent win more listing presentations
3. helping the agent get more premium listings (bigger $$$$ = bigger commissions)
4. more and bigger premium listings more often

(If you are talking about bells/whistles, you are going to be perceived as an expense: not as a way to generate new revenue.)

For the agent, they need to focus on the their client:

✓ helping you get more offers for the most money with the least amount of stress

✓ show Matterport 3D Tour

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
jpierce360 private msg quote post Address this user
Can the realtor send a follow up email, with a link (from their own website) including the VT (virtual tour) to the potential buyers realtor? It could be a good way to get feedback regarding if they liked the property or didn't like the property?

The reason for the follow up is Most websites can track where the link.page is opened. Not exact address but shows the town at least. Maybe that can help the realtor?

the follow up could also allow the potential buyer to view the property again without the need to travel.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Me too!

All kidding aside, I gotta believe this is key in differentiating one provider vs. another. If your operation is built for speed and efficiency (churn and burn), alot of money could be left on the table in terms of upselling and revenue per workorder.

Recently, I had a conversation with a managing broker friend, who manages over 200 agents (the whole firm has nearly 600). Clearly, I am trying to get some business from my old friend. I asked him what he thought of my new rate card and services list...

He said,

"80% of my agents use their point-and-shoot camera (or equiv) for still photos. None of them use walk-through videos, 3D/360 tours, or drone photography."

"Another 10% want still photos + amenity-type photos + one of those cheesy virtual tours made from still photos and either uploaded to YouTube/Vimeo, or offered in a basic video player," which looks similar to the MP Guided Tour slideshow.

"The last 10% get it -- they will spend $500+ to get still photos, amenity shots, Matterport 3D Tour with Guided Tour - Walkthrough option, 2D floorplan, and the one-page website feature so they can get all this hosted. Then, they will push to social media, their own website, their company's website, etc."

The moral of the story, I believe, is to educate the other 90% so they understand what they are missing and why they need to up their game. 90% of a real estate agent base that numbers around 1.2MM (in US) and includes most all property managers at the same time (because most need to be a real estate licensee) seems like a much bigger market than we currently serve. I think most agents will buy more of our services if they know what it is, why they should and what they get out of it. Likewise, if they don't, they are just as frugal with their money as the rest of us.

I don't quite know how to start my own education/marketing program to solve this issue, but I am going to begin work on phase 1 immediately.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys....great discussion here.

Here at WP3D Models we're regularly surprised by the limited number of Agents that see the value in assembling polished up deliverables for each of their properties, from a URL that THEY OWN (and can track interactions, traffic, leads, etc). We built out WP3D to offer an easy solution to this challenge, largely with real estate agents in mind as our primary customer. Instead, we have found that savvy real estate "photographers" (MSPs) are the ones who have really capitalized on "owning" this content, and then resell it to their Agent customers.

We're happy to see our product being used in either/any capacity....just surprised that more Agents don't recognize the value in assembling this content to benefit themselves and their brand/identity/etc.

The good news, from an MSP/photographer perspective, is that you can easily & affordably use tools (like WP3D Models!) to create a quality deliverable with interaction/traffic and lead capture. With WP3D Models, there is no "per Model/page" price, making it possible to upsell your services with an assembled/polished URL (or custom/vanity domain. This upsell helps to answer the question (#2 in the OP) of "Where are the tours?" and is a very lucrative way to get more mileage out of your work with minimal extra effort/cost. PLUS....you (the photog/MSP) get all of the web traffic & SEO value.

Anyway...that's our two cents.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
I love WP3D. It enhances our tours so much more than MP. I always get a vanity url so it's easier for the realtor to remember and share on the fly.

My next goal is to learn all your new embed material so the tours will be even better!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @fotoguy!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@bryanhscott

I will reply in a moment ...

Hi All,

Reminder that WGAN Standard and Premium Members receive:

✓ the free use of WP3D Models WordPress Plugin
✓ the free use of WordPress powered by Ionblade
WP3D Models installation, configuration and light training (via WGAN Rebate)
✓ And, 40+ other WGAN Membership Benefits | Compare WGAN Plans

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @bryanhscott
The moral of the story, I believe, is to educate the other 90% so they understand what they are missing and why they need to up their game. 90% of a real estate agent base that numbers around 1.2MM (in US) and includes most all property managers at the same time (because most need to be a real estate licensee) seems like a much bigger market than we currently serve. I think most agents will buy more of our services if they know what it is, why they should and what they get out of it. Likewise, if they don't, they are just as frugal with their money as the rest of us.

@bryanhscott

I disagree with your conclusion.

Spent 90 percent of your time on the 10 percent that "get it" ... successful, tech-savvy agents that know that they need to invest money to make money.

For the masses that are still using a smartphone to shoot their listings, let Matterport do the heavy lifting of educating.

----

Also, since you are a WGAN Standard Member, you get the free use of up to nine (9) of these 40+ marketing videos - customized with your contact info and logo.

This video (below) is design for real estate agents. You could offer nine of your clients - or prospects - the free use of this video (as long as they are clients of you) and as long as you are a WGAN Standard Member. Help them get listings.

Video B: (Dan Simon is a WGAN Member; a Matterport Service Provider and a real estate agent.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Excerpt Re-Printed:
--------------------------------
I disagree with your conclusion.

Spent 90 percent of your time on the 10 percent that "get it" ... successful, tech-savvy agents that know that they need to invest money to make money.

For the masses that are still using a smartphone to shoot their listings, let Matterport do the heavy lifting of educating.
--------------------------------

Dan, I appreciate your views and dialog on this and many other subjects that have come up on the WGAN blog. You are insightful and seasoned and your counsel is valuable. About this issue, however, I will remain on the opposite side.

The sales cycle on tech-saavy customers is no doubt short, but also a crowded field, when compared to those that don't "get it." It is for this reason I do not consider them "low-hanging fruit." To me, the thought that many media providers may not be working harder to convert the other 80-90% is precisely what makes them the "lowest hanging fruit."

If you believe that the sales conversion process for them really only requires making them smarter about their options, then I believe it makes sense to devote a portion of my marketing efforts towards converting a few. If you do not subscribe to that notion, then I agree - why spend the money and effort? For my part, I like a less-crowded field in which to pick my fruit.

Like you mentioned, I'd also prefer that Matterport, and other equipment/solution providers for that matter, extend their marketing efforts towards these less-prepared clients so I don't have to, but in the absence of that, I am not sure it makes fiscal sense to disregard them and focus on the already crowded space of the tech-saavy? I'm also not sure it makes sense for my equipment provider to go around me and poach my customers, thereby removing them from my prospect list and turning them, in effect, into my competitor...

Another reality is that the masses not doing business with us have come through the hottest part of the real estate market (arguably mid-2011 through now in most markets) thinking and believing that "marketing" their listings amounts to only a few stills (some have no pics at all!), posting to their local MLS and maybe syndicating their listings to Zillow.

As our current seller-favored market begins to favor buyers (and, they always do), many less tech-saavy agents will realize they may have to get more serious about marketing and avail themselves of our services in order to meet the needs of their clients, or they will lose. So, let's start the education process and get ready.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@bryanhscott

Thank you for your additional thinking on this topic.

Well, it looks like we have hijacked @SNFmarkerting discussion on:
Agents Request Tweaks and Features

Do you want to - do you want me to - start a new WGAN Forum discussion on this topic?

Best,

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Agreed and fair enough! I'll just say my apologies to @SNFmarkerting and start a similar topic, entitled, "As a Media Services Provider, do you just sell products or are you a true, service provider?"
Post 16 IP   flag post
adamhenry private msg quote post Address this user
Just received an email from the property agency, how are they promoting their real estate business, and what are they provide their service as soon as possible? They also share some beautiful 3D picture of some beautiful apartments, villas, and others. I think they give an idea about their hottest real estate market.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
Another way realtors can use MP yours. Post it on FB and boost the post. You pick all the demographics. The cost is very low. If you have an Instagram account, it will also place the post there and boost it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
101635 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?