Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceHosting Fees

Hosting fees - 1 client with multiple spaces9732

Vision360HD private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

I currently have a resort owner with many room types interested in my virtual tour service offering. At present, he is interested in having scanned as separate models, 9 room types.

Question:

What is your approach regarding hosting fees for clients who have multiple spaces? It seems a bit outrageous to be charging him my hosting fee x9 when people generally scan entire resorts/hotels and host it as 1 model.

He is not interested in scanning the entire resort at this time, and the 9 rooms are quite far apart, meaning it is not practical to store as 1 model.

I can't seem to come up with a practical workaround at this moment and am reaching out for some creative input.

Please advise

Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
www.2881Nostrand.com

Good luck with the project. You CAN make a single property website with WP3D. Use photo as main media and add the tours. I’ve enclosed a sample. As far as hosting fee... I’d stay away from that topic. Charge him a scan fee and include 2-3 years. The discussion of hosting fees could derail his decision to scan in the first place.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Vision360HD

To succeed with the New Matterport Pricing - for ongoing hosting such as a hotel - start thinking about charging monthly or annually for "Hosting, Support and Maintenance" ... with a small amount upfront for shooting. In a perfect world, you would probably not charge anything for shooting, BUT, if you don't then the Client will have you out each week to refresh.

The amount in your mind for charging X for shooting and nothing for hosting probably would equal the 18 month payback of small shoot fee and monthly recurring charge for "Hosting, Support and Maintenance" ... After 18 months, it's a mini oil well for you. To help you get the business, offer to include Google Street View for X more per month and have that be a very small number per month.

Okay?

The challenge is as soon as you say includes 2-3 years, client may be asking, "then how much?"

Some Clients may prefer one amount upfront and include 2-3 years. You might give your Client a choice. Again, that upfront and includes 2-3 years should equal the monthly "hosting, Support and Maintenance" at 18 months.

Please let us know what you decide to do. And, how it works out.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Vision360HD

Can you share with us ... what you ended up doing?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?