Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ArchivingGoogle Street ViewGSVMatterport 2019 New Pricing

GSV Matterport9600

Homefinder3d private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve uploaded quite a few GSV locations using a 360 camera. Now I’d like to use my Matterport camera. With the new Matterport subscriptions I am making the assumption that I can shoot a location, upload it to GSV and then archive it. The idea being that if a customer did not want to embed it on their own site there would be no reason to keep it live. I understand the benefits of both embedding it on their website and the potential hosting revenue stream. In this particular case the location owner is a franchise and does not have a localized web presence. Hence they want to enhance their google presence.

Thanks
Bill
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Homefinder3d

Yes! That strategy works. Awesome idea!

I could imagine that using Matterport to scan, process and publish will immediately speed-up your workflow (such as creating the walk through experience). For $14.99 – the one-time Matterport fee to publish to Google Street View - that's a deal.

That said, it is likely that you will want to moderate your tour (e.g. so the user can not walk through walls, fix and refine connections).

For example, once you publish to Google Street View, export to Panoskin. Moderate your tour and then republish to Google Street View.

Make sense?

Special Offer for WGAN Standard and Premium Members

✓ receive the free use of Panoskin Pro
✓ Save 40 percent on MP2SV services to edit the GSV tool

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Homefinder3d

PS An added bonus of your workflow with Panoskin is that you could then edit the actual 360º photo spheres in other software (or outsource)

✓ fix overexposed images with mask fills.
✓ fix incorrect floor assignments.
✓ remove the camera
✓ color correct
Post 3 IP   flag post
Homefinder3d private msg quote post Address this user
Good to know. Thanks Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Question.

Once a client has their tour and say it stays up for a year then they don't want to pay hosting fees anymore then I take it down... does it stay up on GSV after that ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DouglasMeyers

You can un-publish from Google Street View too.

We'll cover that on WGAN-TV Live at 5: Matterport Workshop Training Week | Part 5 of 5 tomorrow, Friday, 14 June 2019.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
But the main question is.

If you pull a Matterport tour off your hosting will it still show up on Google Street View ?
or Doers it just fall off ?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DouglasMeyers

When you publish to Google Street View - and then archive the Matterport Space - that does NOT affect the model that you published to Google Street View.

The workflow that @Homefinder3d suggests - scan, publish to GSV and archive the Matterport space is a great workflow to take advantage of the unlimited processing and unlimited archiving.

This business model is a great example of reinventing how Matterport Service Providers can success with the new Matterport Pricing.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
So does this only work if you are on the new plan?
I don't know anything about archiving ?

My plan allows for On or Off...
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DouglasMeyers

Matterport New Pricing for unlimited processing and unlimited archiving.

For clarification, the above does NOT work with Matterport Classic Pricing.

Keep Classic Pricing and add New Pricing, if you proceed with the plan outlined above.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasMeyers
But the main question is.

If you pull a Matterport tour off your hosting will it still show up on Google Street View ?
or Doers it just fall off ?

It is published by Matterport either under your local guide account or under your client(google business page account). It is your choice under which account you want it to be published to GSV

You only authorize(provide your login details) Matterport to publish it and I do not think they have any rights(for Google) to remove it without yours or your client authorization. You can remove it through Matterport but then again you authorize Matterport to remove it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Forgot to mention that if you have made a mistake before publishing and you need to remove your tour and republish after correcting the mistake Matterport will charge you for publishing to GSV again.

It happened to me recently when I thought my client wanted to blur faces in their tour. I turn the blur in Capture on, uploaded to Matterport and after processing pushed it to GSV. Paid $15 to Matterport for publishing to GSV only to in a day that faces should not be blurred. I have to remove it from GSV, turn off Blur in Capture, uploaded to Matterport. When I republished it I was charged $15 again.

This only applies to Matterport.

As to what software to use to edit your tour, please read where panoskin charges for loads are coming from. You may piss off your big clients after they start receiving huge bills from Google directly(or through Panoskin) for your client's tour viewer opening it on a client's website.

I love Panoskin features a lot but I cannot use it under the model they are offering.

There is a few desktop apps that won't charge you a cent for publishing, removing and editing your tours on Google Maps. And there is no Google involved at all.

And they will let you build fantastic custom tours. They do not rely on Google Maps API to get your panos from Google maps just to display them on your client's website.

Because you will host all your panos on the client website and do not need to pull them from google for viewing your tour. They cost $300-400 for a custom tour software but you will get a powerfull tool for publishing your panos to GSV and you can build a custom tour for your client as not related to Google at all.

For Google Maps API horror stories please check the thread below

https://www.reddit.com/r/webdev/comments/8gkmeo/starting_google_maps_platform_arrives_with/

The post below is from that thread

My Google Developer monthly bill Just went from $375 to $21000 per month Our bill on GCloud console just went from $375 to $21,000 per month because google changed its Maps API pricing model arbitrarily with less than 45 days notice.

And that's just one forum. You will find a lot of developers on the Internet looking for alternatives to Google Maps. After what Google did with staring charging for each pano loading through their Map Api only few left who wants to use this product.

Small websites may get away with 0 bills as Goole gives a credit each month for loads but something huge may as well get bills from Google in $100s or even $1000s per month just to have the custom tour published on their website through Google Maps API.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101432 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?