Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Highlights ReelMatterport WorkshopWP3D Models

Matterport highlight reel missing. Any idea why?9591

WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
I made highlight reel in the new MP workshop. On the MP, it shows the reel is there and works fine. When I open it via the branded wp3d link, there is no highlight reel. This didn't happen last time. Any idea why the highlight reel wouldn't be showing up in the wp3d version?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Can you confirm when you use the public/sharing link Matterport URL that the highlight reel is there, and not just in the Workshop?

I have it often times where I set the highlight reel in workshop, select publish, and then leave workshop to view it and find it doesn't show up. I then have to go back in workshop and reselect the highlight reel buttons and hit publish again and sometimes have to repeat the process 2 - 4 times, but eventually it shows up.
Post 2 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
@fotoguy,

It takes a while to find this in the new Workspace 3.0 settings, so I made a short screen cap video to help people find it. 😉

Here are the instructions I’m going to add to MatterVids.com to help people who are confused about the process.

———— Publishing HLR in Workshop 3.0 and ordering ———

1. Click the edit icon to activate “workshop” and build your highlight reel in the order you want it to play.

2. Click “settings and more” (the ellipsis on the bottom right).

3. Click “Settings”

4. On the left side of that window click “Advanced”.

5. Toggle the “Tour & Highlights” switch to active (right).

6. Make sure the drop down for “Visitors can:” is set to “Play the Tour and See Highlights (Recomended)”

7. Click “Publish”

8. Copy the Tour ID (last 11 characters after “show/?m=“ in the URL

9. Go to MatterVids.com and follow the prompts.

It should be self-explanatory, if not, please let me know.

I have made a quick 52 sec. screen shot of the process to help. 😁👍🏽

Watch the short screen recording here.

God Bless,
Chris
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! Thank you! I wonder if they could of made that any less user friendly!
Post 4 IP   flag post
mk4au private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, fotoguy, for bringing this up. This happened to me several weeks ago, close Workshop, use link to check and make sure everything was correct, no highlight reel. Close link, re-open workshop, highlight reel is there, go to link - no highlight reel. Open, re-create highlight reel, etc. Then one day it started working correctly again.

A couple weeks ago it started again. It is frustrating and gives you a headache, just like the others said, having to open, close, reopen, recreate, close, etc.

Anyway! I emailed Matterport Support and the bottom line is, they knew there was a bug but said it only affected a few people. For me, it has been fixed, at least for now. The last couple of days the highlight reels have worked the first time.

Also, Matterport creates a random Start Location and many times I want to change it. Matterport thinks it knows better where the start location should be and reverts back. It sometimes takes 3 or 4 times recreating the one I want for Matterport to accept it. I have also been in touch with support for this.

Please send an email to Matterport Support to let them know when you have issues. They told me it was only happening to a few people and not a big problem. It will help them to know when there is an issue on a larger scale. (Maybe they can fix them quicker.)
Post 5 IP   flag post
101437 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?