Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingMatterportNewbiesSellTipsVRBO

Matterport to Vrbo9507

WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Love anyone’s feedback on this if they try it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
I still don’t see the 3rd option under apps to publish.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@8643d

It's likely populating across all account today.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
This is where Matterport marketing get it wrong.

Most of VRBO is used by US customers viewing properties in Europe as holiday destinations.

Why limit it to US? If the tech works, deploy and go to your target audience for immediate early adoption building advocacy.

I know this because I have built many websites for tourist organisations in Italy, Spain and Portugal and integrated their VRBO calendars specifically to cater for VRBO US customers.

Those European tourist boards are dominated by US enquiries.

When will you drop your geo-border timidness Matterport? This is tech, not rice.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
I have just converted a tour of a clients house to their Homeaway account. It was just as the directions said it would be. It took about 15 minutes from uploading to the final email saying the tour has been published to Homeaway. I have gone to their page but do not see anywhere the 360 tour is displayed. Granted i do not know how they plan on displaying the link and it might take awhile to populate the page. My concern is if the processing is like the GSV upload all the scans will be interlinked and make for an ugly tour with no way to edit like we can do in GoTHru. They say you can edit the tour and turn scans on and off. Problem is you have to do it in Workshop and upload again. To keep the original tour intact you would then have to go back and change the tour back to its original configuration. Will keep you updated. I will post the page once I have had a chance to see it and tell the client I did it. Don't worry he is a good friend and likes it when I play with his property. I also maxed out his tour with MPEmbed; online booking, background music, filters, text to voice at scan points, floor plan, embedded videos and pictures
Post 6 IP   flag post
jellofan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by THRHHI
They say you can edit the tour and turn scans on and off. Problem is you have to do it in Workshop and upload again. To keep the original tour intact you would then have to go back and change the tour back to its original configuration.

Why not make a copy and then modify & upload the copy? Re-upload of an existing space is free. Of course you'd then have to host both versions of the space. This is a scenario where the "Archive" feature of the new plans would come in handy -- duplicate & modify a space, upload to Homeaway, then Archive it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
Jellofan, yes i did think of that and that probably makes the most sense. I am staying on the classic plan so archive is not available. However once the Homeaway version has uploaded i could just delete it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
@angusnorriss Couldn't agree with you more. In this case, the initial limitations to the US only for VRBO and Homeaway were imposed by these services (for the Beta) and not by Matterport. Looking forward to opening up the service for worldwide use as soon as all testing and refinement is completed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
San Francisco
@THRHHI Did you get your 360 to display on HomeAway? Would you like to share?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Tette99 private msg quote post Address this user
With all of the talks on vacation rental and virtual tours, can anyone share an live example from each of the sites (VRBO, AirBnB, and Homeaway) of either virtual tours/3D view/and or Matterport?
Post 11 IP   flag post
DeeJ private msg quote post Address this user
Check out this example of a successful upload from Matterport to HomeAway:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MatterportOfficial/permalink/2202988563141471/
Post 12 IP   flag post
Tette99 private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn’t see it at all
Post 13 IP   flag post
San Francisco
@Tette99 That previous post first led to the Matterport Official Users Group on Facebook so if you are not a member, you would not be able to see. I have directly posted the VRBO listing link here for you.

clickable text
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
@Jwbuckl sorry for not responding sooner. Somehow i lost track of the thread. No the original upload i did on Monday is still not working. Dee has been working on it and has been talking with people to figure it out. Today I did realize i had another tour that my client has listed with Home Away. Went through the exact procedure again today and once again everything went as according to plan but nothing shows up on Home Away. I was messaging Dee through the whole procedure; uploading, receiving preview email, viewing the tour that looked great, email that says it has been published. But then nothing. Dee says it should show up within 5 minutes and it has now been several hours.
Post 15 IP   flag post
DeeJ private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in contact with HomeAway to figure out what's going on. I'll keep you updated!
Post 16 IP   flag post
101436 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?