Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BrandingHero ImageMarketingPromotionSelfPromotionWP3D Models

MSP promotion through a tour, which data field9494

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

I have the client who does not mind one of the tour details field to be used to display our name as MSP. Just one field though.

I am putting my MSP name in the "Presented By" field by adding "Wingman Media" in it however I have noticed that one member has used the "Summary" field and has written "Produced by [their MSP name]" in it. I like that you can choose your own wording in it.

Which one do you think is better?

"Presented By" is what viewers see when tour is loading and then you can see it in the details section at the top.

"Summary" can only be seen in details. Even though I feel it is better to describe a space in this field at least you can write it in the right way "Produced by.." or "Powered by.." while "Presented by" part is hardcoded.

Which one would you use if you have a choice?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
To see the Static Hero image, please see: thegatemuseum.info Matterport 3D Tour by We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

@Wingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
"Presented By" is what viewers see when tour is loading and then you can see it in the details section at the top.

My choice

Here's an example of where the We Get Around logo shows up in four places:

thegatemuseum.info

(The "Start Tour" words can be changed too.)

(We do this on no charge non-project projects. For paid projects, it's the Client's info.)

1. Static Hero Image
2. Always in the lower left when the tour plays
3. In the Info box (top left)
4. Top right (Could have been a logo top left bar)

Adding the logo was done in WP3D Models WordPress Plugin. (WGAN Standard Members get the free use of WP3D Models.)

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
3D_Hoffa private msg quote post Address this user
This is really a great question. One that I don't think has ever been answered by Matterport that I know of. There is plenty of room for the person that paid for the tour. Matterport branding is in a few places of course.

Why is it the MSP can't give themselves credit in a prominent place and perhaps get themselves more business?

Hmmmmm....

Is it a technical issue?
An aesthetic issue?
Matterport says they want to support their MSP's so it can't be anything devious, right?

I bet it's a technical issue.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I think it is mostly "We do not give a ****" . I cannot explain it in any other way.
I can tell you for sure there is no technical issues to add more fields for MSP Data or even better pull the data from an MSP profile and display it at the bottom.

They have a huge unoccupied space at the bottom before "Matterport Terms" at the right bottom corner. They can put a MSP name there as a link to a MSP's website and even an MSP's email/phone number. It will take less than 1 hour(more likely minutes) for a programmer to add an MSP details there.

If they did it that way today for this bottom space all active models would be populated with these data automatically without any need to take any actions from MSPs. And we would not be discussing what field we could steal from our clients for our own promotion.

Matterport's zero effort alone for doing it properly make me thinking that one day I will sell their camera. I just do not like promoting Matterport with my tours without getting any promotion for my business.

And it is not just that. Their analytics seems like a toy for kids. Not much one can do with it, not even select a specific dates for a required period. Not to mention there is no option for generating a report(PDF)for my clients. For the last three weeks I have been just retyping all analysts from their cloud in order to let the client khow many impressions and visits their tour got.
Post 4 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
This is great feedback to bring back to the team. Thank you.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Sorry for many typos in my message but I hope it is still readable.

Jwbuckl, I can leave with the current analytics until my customers start demanding something more advanced.

If it happens and Matterport stays at the same simple level as it is now I will probably write one myself. I have checked Matterport SDK and I can see that it is possible to record a lot of visitors action(probably even including where exactly in the tour they spent their time) and even the way the moved inside. It may be even possible to hook it up with Google Analytics. At least it will save time on developing analytic reports.

I have worked as a web developer on developing analytics web apps so it is not new for me. Even though it was about 12 years ago.

However the situation with MSP details is the most critical at least for me. I have single tours collecting 1000s of views over a short period of time(2-3 weeks) and I am gaining nothing from this huge crowd of viewers as a MSP. If Matterport wants to grow it is only possible with a grow of their providers. If I had my details in the tour(better with some linking to my website) I would get more jobs for scanning for sure instead of paying for advertising or try to explain some new customers what I am offering while most of them do not even have time to listen.

I know there are overlays like Dan offers and I guess they allow to enter and display MSP details. However these overlays are good for clients' websites with business tours only. They won't work for properties. Two major property listing websites in Australia won't let to add custom overlay Matterport tours to listings on these websites.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
BTW, I have bought my Pro2 second hand. A business located in my state(just not in metro area) could not sell a single tour scanning service for 6 months.

They gave up at the end and put the camera for sale dropping the whole idea. I guess you see where some of us are heading. I am just too stubborn to give up so easy but everything has a limit. So far I have not sold a single tour to a previously unknown client. That's about 12 months since I have this camera. All I have done are either free(to hook up RE agents) or have come from friends and family members who are helping me.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
@wingman
"if it happens and Matterport stays at the same simple level as it is now I will probably write one myself. I have checked Matterport SDK and I can see that it is possible to record a lot of visitors action(probably even including where exactly in the tour they spent their time) and even the way the moved inside. It may be even possible to hook it up with Google Analytics. At least it will save time on developing analytic reports."
CAPTUR3D offers this kind of analytics service already
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
Not to mention there is no option for generating a report(PDF)for my clients. For the last three weeks I have been just retyping all analysts from their cloud in order to let the client khow many impressions and visits their tour got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @romainreparage

How to Automate Sending Matterport Analytics Reports to your Clients

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by romainreparage

Like I said before I know that some overlays offer a lot of add-ons to the basic Matterport Player. However we are(or at least me) winning about what important things Matterport is missing. Analytics.. at least for me .. is not one of these things. I just mentioned it as they could at least do dates and generating a PDF with data. However missing MSP details are a huge minus.
Post 10 IP   flag post
3D_Hoffa private msg quote post Address this user
This post is important and should not be buried *bump*
Post 11 IP   flag post
101704 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?