Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Video

360 video to regular video9362

Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
I am interested in recording video walk through with client then converting that to a static "flat" video after. This allow me to gather all information I need and then convert force the the area I want the client to see. Does anyone have and advice how to do this or could show me how in post production.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CGPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
I own an Insta 360 one X camera. I have not used it for interior video but I have used it in the way you are talking about. This camera is great at recording in 360 degrees and then you edit what you want to show when you get home. I grew up in the bay area and was doing video editing on real to reel VTR's (Sony 3650) starting in the 6th grade. I've done both linear and nonlinear editors for nearly 50 years! Editing this 360 video out of this camera is like nothing you've ever done before. Forget about using your computer. You just use your phone and your body and edit by moving around.

You transfer the raw 360 spherical video into your cell phone. You que up the part that you want to edit, and you control where you frame the video by holding the cell phone. You turn in place to change the angle of the camera view. You can tilt up or down as needed. You can move fast or slow. It's up to you. If you don't like how it came out, you just delete the edit and try again. After you figure out how to steer the phone as the controller, you can edit a tour of a home very quickly.

Below is an example of the this camera placed on one of my model airplanes. It takes a few minutes to transfer the raw video to the phone but then I can run through the edit process for a video of this length in about 10 minutes. It's very quick. Then you output it and you are done.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
@CGPhoto thanks for taking the time to get back to me and an example. As RE video becomes more prevalent I think this could be a great way to make sure you catch everything or better yet, avoid something you didn't want to show. I'm going to take a look into the information above and give it a shot.

Thanks again!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
101428 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?