Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MatterportMatterport 2019 New PricingPricing

To Matterport MSPs and Customers9350

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Share how you feel about the Matterport New Pricing and ask questions of two Matterport executives.

Please join the Town Hall discussion today (Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 5 pm EDT (GMT -4)

Join the Town Hall Live
Post 26 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
I'm just going to throw this out there... for discussion purposes. Obviously, the new pricing makes absolutely no sense to anyone (if it makes sense, please raise your hand!) except maybe the investors.

Here's a pricing that might make me re-think my position:
Pro : 25 models - $54/mo ($2.16/Space)
Pro Plus: 50 models - $99/mo ($1.98/Space)
Business: 100 models - $179/mo ($1.79/Space) - No yearly obligation. Add a 5-10% discount if paid yearly
Buis Plus: 250 models - $399/mo ($1.6/Space) - No yearly obligation. Add a 5-10% discount if paid yearly

But really, all the model numbers should double for these prices (pro 50, pro plus 100, biz 200, buiz plus 500)... 25 Spaces is too low for anybody here.

And re-raise the price of the camera by $500 if that makes you happy. It's $3,395 now. I paid $5,000 for a Pro1 back then. Entry level players will buy a Theta or some other cheaper cameras anyway...

My 2cents CAD (in USD, that's only $0.15 by the way!!)
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ArchimedStudio

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you want to discuss it with Matterport executive's today?

Can you join the Town Hall discussion today (Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 5 pm EDT (GMT -4)?

Join the Town Hall Live

Best,

Dan
Post 28 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@ArchimedStudio The numbers you indicate are for the full uptake of the offering. The cost per unit going from 100 to 101 is substantially higher as one would not progress from 100 to 250 in one go, but you will still be paying for 250. One might only achieve 250 in month 12 of the year that you prepaid for 250.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

A WGAN Member emailed ...

Dan

---

I'm absolutely worn out by the whole thing. It is very obvious what Matterport is doing. They are systematically getting rid of MSPs.

It is not possible to run a business on only 25 or 50 Active Spaces. By moving all larger accounts into the Enterprise and forcing yearly payments that are still larger than what they are before, they are clearing the deck.

Why? Because they are going to move to being a services company.

It's obvious, it's not fun, and there's absolutely nothing that anyone can do about this.

At the end of the day, Matterport is a really COOL product -- but it's the same product that they came out with 4 years ago. The imagery has improved with the Pro-2, a few more devices can be used to capture - but essentially, there is no innovation.

GeoCV is far more interesting at the current time. Still waiting for them to firm up their strategy. It's a much better product that Matterport. There are no image glitches.
Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 31 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
@leonvanzweel It's already the case now. 1 over 100, and you move to the 200 plan. 1 over 200, and you move to the 300 plan.

But you have a great point for NOT wanting to pay a plan yearly! Your needs may change on a month to month basis.

@DanSmigrod, I will try to be available to listen at 5pm (if I understand where to watch the live feed). I will not interact live, but might take notes that I will address after. My point has absolutely no weight for Matterport anyway.
Post 32 IP   flag post
101436 32 7