Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingNewbiesPricing

Question of the Day: New to Matterport? What do you think of new pricing?9349

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Wednesday, 15 May 2019:

New to Matterport? Perhaps just bought/are buying a Matterport Camera. What do you think of Matterport New Pricing?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I liked the old (grandfathered) pricing better.

The new pricing is very limiting (monthly pricing only up to 50 spaces) and it requires a very active space management.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't consider switching until they make the pro plans available with monthly payment options. Price also needs to be lowered to around half of what they're asking.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@rzphotoman

For clarification, did you mean when the Business Plan is available with monthly payment options? The Professional plan IS available month-to-month.

That said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Queen_City_3D
I have to shake my head at whoever came up with this pricing scheme:

Let's say you wanted to go with the Business Plus to allow for 250 Active models...

The cost is $7188/year.

Why not just go with 5 Professional Plus plans instead to host 250 Active models. Each plan would be $1316/year x 5 = $6580/year.

You would save $608.
.. not to mention you could add the extra plans as you needed them (e.g. Business plan is 100 active models whereas with Business plus you jump up to 250 right away... let's say you had 125 models...get 3 Professional plus plans... Now you are up to 180 models... get 4 professional plus plans.... etc. Much cheaper than jumping up to 250 right away).

Doesn't seem well thought out in my opinion!
Post 4 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
What is the limitation of the starter plan?
You could get 5 starter plans at $50 per month which will give you 25 spaces = $69 Pro plan with 25 spaces???

Or 10 starter plans at $99.99 for 50 spaces = Pro Plus $129 for 50 spaces????

So the old $49 per month for 100 spaces is now - $269.00 per month for new users????

Sure no processing fees but still - you would have to shoot about 15 spaces per month to get the same value as the old plan. Unless you have a contract with some real estate companies this will be difficult to do.

On average how many houses do you shoot per month??
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by izoneguy
Sure no processing fees but still - you would have to shoot about 15 spaces per month to get the same value as the old plan.

These are the questions we are all processing Dan. Matterport chat needs to understand they just tossed us over the coals in monthly cost to do business.

Where is really hits below the belt is where we pay for hosting spaces we are not currently using while being penalized for going over in another plan.

A previous cost of $5 tour can be be stomached. inflate that to 500-700%. We're looking for a way out and take our customers with us. If they stay, they won't stay very long when the monthly cost hits them. We tried to keep a higher cost of tour to soak this kind of idea alive.

But Matterport kept selling new cameras to people on an "it's so easy platform, anyone can do it" mentality. The new customers came and gobbled up the Professional Cameraman in a Box new career and tanked the prices to under $0.05 a square foot. They were going do so much volume and shoot Thirty $2,000 sq ft houses that month. Few came out successful.

Props to @Queen_City_3D for taking the time to work out the math. If you guys could carry on the calculation and see the difference in multiple tiers. Perhaps we can show Matterport and get them to explain their logic in pricing as another question tomorrow.

EX: 'Or 10 starter plans at $99.99 for 50 spaces = Pro Plus $129 for 50 spaces????' by @izoneguy
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

Sure wish you could participate in the WGAN-TV Live at 5 Town Hall tomorrow. ...

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
ITT would be fun to join you. But I gotta make that money!
Post 8 IP   flag post
M_Wasserman private msg quote post Address this user
So I took the old and new pricing to one of my Accountants last night, and well what she had to say, was rather colorful. it did include a WTF, and who the hell came up with this. She has been a master accountant for 40+ years and she plans on looking into the company.

On the Upside she agreed to have one account for scanning with no fees and one account for hosting was a logical idea for such an illogical environment.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
ITT would be fun to join you. But I gotta make that money!

How about downloading the Zoom app on a mobile device and join the discussion while you are making money?

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
You can talk until you are blue in the face about new pricing. Matterport has power users over a barrel. If you don’t use it much then it is easier to dump. On the Facebook group their is angst and anger and Matterport keeps releasing cheery updates about the great pricing. I would be more upset if Matterport was a better solution for me. The fact that I cannot edit the panos was a real game stopper for me. I am trying to do more photographic type panos and could care less about dollhouses and floorplans. Should have a Z1 tour to view tomorrow.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by izoneguy
Should have a Z1 tour to view tomorrow.

Please share the results of your Ricoh Theta Z1 testing with Matterport and/or other platforms.

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
I am almost done with it...

But look at this;

https://www.ricohtours.com/

SUBSCRIPTION
$45Month-to-month. Get 1 month free when paid annually.
Unlimited active tours
Unlimited images per tour
Unlimited tour cloud hosting
MLS compliant
Agent mobile app
High quality auto HDR images
Capture 2D stills
Management console
Tour analytics
Virtual business card
Post to Facebook
Share via email and text
Embed tour in any website
Thumbnail view
Post 13 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@izoneguy ... but RicohTours.com is not a 3D Tour.

GeoCV is though.
Post 14 IP   flag post
OK this is my first shoot with the Z1 - shot RAW and processed in lightroom.
I probably over processed on a few shots.
Not bad for a one-shot camera.

Post 15 IP   flag post
101722 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?