Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FAQMatterport 2019 New Pricing

Matterport New Pricing: My Spreadsheet to Help Understand Annual Hosting9342

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab-Matterport New and Classic Pricing: Professional Plan (effective Thursday, 9 May 2019) Spreadsheet

Screen Grab-Matterport New Pricing: Professional Plan (effective Thursday, 9 May 2019) Spreadsheet

Screen Grab-Matterport New Pricing: Business Plan (effective Thursday, 9 May 2019) Spreadsheet

Screen Grab-(Matterport Classic Pricing for Matterport customers on or before Wednesday, 8 May 2019) - Grandfathered in (and/or can switch to Matterport New Pricing Spreadsheet

Hi All,

My spreadsheet – Matterport 2019 New Pricing versus Matterport Classic Pricing: Annual Hosting – may be helpful in deciding:

1. To stick with Matterport Classic Pricing
2. To switch to Matterport New Pricing
3. To add a Matterport New Pricing Plan (for processing and then transfer spaces to Classic Plan
4. Going forward, how to charge for Hosting, Support and Maintenance

Highlights

2. It's likely that the breakeven for charging for hosting is around 52 to $48 annually ($4 to $5 per month)
3. It's likely that at scale, the breakeven for charging for hosting is $29 to $33 annually ($2 to $3 per month)
4. Annual Matterport Service is $708 to $7,188 depending on which plan and if paid month-to-month or annually

Your thoughts? Or, have a different spread sheet or calculator to share?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
looks like we really need a model that will allow us to use an array to calculate the processing costs on an estimated number of new scans. I will see what I can prepare!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Liam_Tayler

Yes! That would be great! Much appreciated.

Another way to look at it – Classic Matterport Customers that are paying more than $69 per month in extra processing – likely should add a Matterport New Professional plan to process and then transfer the spaces to their Classic plan.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
yes, that would make sense!
Post 4 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I am still lost with all these numbers...
Is there a simpler way to say it ?

Maybe it's just me but ALL of this is very confusing.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DouglasMeyers

May be we can help you think through what makes sense for you.

1. Do you have a classic Matterport Basic, Professional or business plan? (Annual or Monthly?)
2. How many models do you have now?
3. Of these models, how many need to be active?
4. How much is your overage per month for processing?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
It has been Professional and I just went passed my 250 mark a few weeks ago.
I have 280 tours active and all need to stay active.
Overage... hard to say as business is so up and down here in the Mtns. but maybe an extra $60.00
Post 7 IP   flag post
Dan, I am killing time while sitting at the car dealership... can you confirm exactly how much the overages for hosting were on the old plans as I cannot find info on it now. Thanks Liam
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Liam_Tayler

$19 to host an additional 50 Matterport 3D Tour under the Matterport Classic Pricing.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
ok, maybe I should email you personally, but how many processing fees were included with the old basic, professional and business plans?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Liam_Tayler

Matterport Classic Pricing (old Pricing)

Free Processing: 3/7/11

3 Basic
7 Professional
11 Business

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasMeyers
It has been Professional and I just went passed my 250 mark a few weeks ago.
I have 280 tours active and all need to stay active.
Overage... hard to say as business is so up and down here in the Mtns. but maybe an extra $60.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasMeyers
I am still lost with all these numbers...
Is there a simpler way to say it ?

Maybe it's just me but ALL of this is very confusing.

1. If you have 280 tours active, it's likely that you are already on Business (not Professional). How much are you paying monthly or annually for Matterport hosting?
2. If I understand this, I likely can make a recommendation.

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post

Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DouglasMeyers

Great. Do you pay hosting monthly or annually?

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
I have 500 models up and would like to get a thousand. They don't have a plan for that and aren't trying to come up with one. I have to sell 36 spaces for a client so I don't have to host them anymore. What would his price be for that? IS it going to be $50 or $30 a month for him?
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Skeeter

On the Matterport Classic Pricing (Old Pricing), you can continue to add models at $19 per "up to 50".

I am confused about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter
I have to sell 36 spaces for a client so I don't have to host them anymore. What would his price be for that? IS it going to be $50 or $30 a month for him?

Can you say that a different way?

I would not charge a Client at cost. I would always mark up typically three times:

1/3 = Cost of Goods Sold
1/3 = Overhead
1/3 = Profit

Best,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
I charge yearly...
Post 17 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
There’s an enterprise level with unlimited hosting. I think the price is negotiated and is based on your estimate of volume.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DouglasMeyers

Okay. Got it.

You pay $999 annually for the Matterport Professional Plan to host up to 200 Matterport Spaces. Since you have 280 Space, you are presently paying an additional $19 for up to 50 Matterport Spaces = $38 additional a month for the extra 80 Spaces. And, may be $60 in some months for additional processing.

Recommendation

1. Keep your existing Matterport Professional Plan
2. Use up your 5 free processing per month
3. Here's where it gets price sensitive. If you think that you will pay an additional $69 per month in processing, then add a new Matterport Professional Plan to process the overage and transfer these models to your Classic Plan. Then decide if you want to keep or cancel the new Matterport Professional Plan (then repeat the decision the following month.)

My impression is that for the time being, best if you just pay the extra processing per month in your Classic Plan. Clear as mud?

@HarlanHambright

Anyone doing big numbers on any plan should have a conversation with Matterport Sales to see if they can offer better enterprise pricing.

Best,

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
Deal... I'll stay in the Mud Pitt I am already in...
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Share how you feel about the Matterport New Pricing and ask questions of two Matterport executives.

Please join the Town Hall discussion today (Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 5 pm EDT (GMT -4)

Join the Town Hall Live
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Skeeter

On the Matterport Classic Pricing (Old Pricing), you can continue to add models at $19 per "up to 50".

I am confused about:

Quote:
I have to sell 36 spaces for a client so I don't have to host them anymore. What would his price be for that? IS it going to be $50 or $30 a month for him?

Can you say that a different way?

I think what Skeeter meant is that he has offered his customer to open an account with Matterport and transferred all their models to the customer's account.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
3. Here's where it gets price sensitive. If you think that you will pay an additional $69 per month in processing, then add a new Matterport Professional Plan to process the overage and transfer these models to your Classic Plan. Then decide if you want to keep or cancel the new Matterport Professional Plan (then repeat the decision the following month.)

It is a good walk around but don't you think they will start blocking this behaviour because providers will start utilizing it to reduce fees paid to Matterport dramatically? And Matterport losses can be quite significant(see my example below)

They may say now it is ok to do it that way but I can see how they can lose a lot of profit that way. The only way they probably won't do anything is when somebody opens the second account with new plans for a second camera.

I could see a benefit right now as I have 10 extra scans to push for processing. Half of them are over 150 scans.

If I push them for processing with my old classic basic plan I will have to pay for 2 $19 each and for 5 $38 each. And I will deplete my limit on a classic plan processing limit using it for processing 3 models out of 10.

While with new prices account I can even get a Starter for $9, push all 10 to there for free processing and transfer them to my classic Basic plan after processing is complete. This way I only pay $9(subscription cost a month for a Starter) instead of $228(processing fees on classic basic for 7 models). See how much they are going to lose?

The only problem it may not work for me now apart from Matterport not being happy for me to pay them $219 less(228-9) is that all spaces have been done already under my classic account.
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Sorry it seems I cannot use their new Starter for my Pro2 camera but even with their new Professional plan for $69/month they will be still losing extra $159 on these 10 models. If fact it is more as I can use my new plan to process all 10 models through it and that will save me my processing limit for 3 spaces on classic Basic plan.
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Found a "funny" thing with their new subscription cost and active models relation.

Their
Professional plan will cost you $2.76 per an active model (69/25)
Professional Plus: $2.58 per an active model(129/50)
Business: $3.09 per an active model(309/100)
Business: Plus $2.76 per an active model(689/250)

It seems they are not good at math offering higher tiers subscribers to pay more per each active model

So the best one for people would be their Professional Plus but it will only make sense if you have some active models already. Otherwise and for anyone with 25 models or less Professional will be a way to go.

However if they won't allow to have multiple Professional plans for a single camera you will be be moving towards more expensive in terms of active models cost tiers.

What a mess in that one little aspect alone.

I may send Matterport a calculator as a Christmas present so next time they decide to hike their prices they will at least make sense for benefiting their providers to be on a higher subscription plan.

It seems their greed has pushed away all logic in their numbers.
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
And this is another funny thing but this time we can actually benefit from it a lot in case we do not mind to lose our client residual income for hosting and want to free some space in active model count.

Their Starter plan has a cost of $2(10/5) per active model. They do say we cannot use it for Matterport cameras. However according to their quote below

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000201087

Spaces can be transferred INTO a Free or Starter account from a Pro account. For example, a photographer with a Pro account and a camera can capture the property and then upload to their account for processing. Later, the property owner can obtain a Free or Starter account to host the model over the long-term. Finally, the photographer would transfer the space from their Matterport account to the property owner's account.

And it seems you can even use their Free account for each client that has only a single model to host their space forever for free and in case they do not want it to be updated.

And even if they want to update their space at some point you can keep their scans in Capture App, rescan what needs to be updated, process through you new account for free and transfer it to your client's Free account after they delete(or archive) their outdated space from it.

That's a single found will make sense for me for new plans. I can just charge my small clients a single fee for transferring a space once(say $25-50) rather that scare them away with a monthly hosting fee of $20. And this way I can be on their small Professional plan and still be ok with 25 active models count.

I do not mind a residual income from hosting but it only makes sense when customers looking for a Matterport service. These types of customers have already decided to have a virtual tour and I am quite sure are not against a small hosting fee.

However If you have to talk them into doing a tour that extra line "there is a hosting fee involved on top of a scanning cost" pushing a lot of them away for doing scanning in the first place.

I'd wish I have read their new pricing scheme better. I would notice that about Free and Starter accounts if I have done it. That changes a lot for me for business tours. The only question how long it will last or until they start charging for transfer between accounts.
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
I have 500 models up and would like to get a thousand. They don't have a plan for that and aren't trying to come up with one. I have to sell 36 spaces for a client so I don't have to host them anymore. What would his price be for that? IS it going to be $50 or $30 a month for him?

Please read my post above. That way you can move your client either to 8 Starter plans for $80/month(your client will be paying to Matterport directly), 36 Free accounts for 0 hosting cost or a single Professional Pro 129/month(your client will be paying) account for your client.

In reality probably only a single Professional Pro plan with 50 active models will work for your client. I do not think Matterport will allow 36 free accounts for the same client or even 8 Starter accounts for a single client.

Or you can stay on the old plan, pay extra $19 to Matterport for extra 50 spaces hosted but you can charge your client extra $50-70 per month for hosting all 36 models on your account.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Seaweedsoul private msg quote post Address this user
A photographer I know says he pays $25 a month for hosting 25 photos with matterport. I can't find that plan anywhere. I had the classic plan, and needed to put it on hold during the pandemic. We literally didn't have enough to pay that. Then we had fraudulent activity on my account. But now I need to scan one scan..here and there. Not much call for it in my rural community. I cannot justify $600-700 for a yearly commitment just for one scan. Suggestions? That $25 plan would be great, but it doesn't seem to exist but for in that photographers mind..I can't find it and I've spoken with Matterport multiple times now..frustrating. (I've been scanning for over 4 years, and well over 200 scans..until the pandemic)
Post 28 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Why not ask a reputable MSP type to host for you and make you Admin? I think that would work.
Post 29 IP   flag post
101436 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?