Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HDRRicoh Theta Z1

Does Matterport allow Theta Z1 to shoot in HDR?9338

zacharysmiller private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you that have shot with the Z1 in matterport, will it allow you to use the cameras HDR feature?

Thanks for any feedback.
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
No camera functions through MP.
It seems to be hdr. I did tests yesterday w theta app comparing both. Not that big a diff. What MP does do however is expose Z1 at a reduced resolution. Even the residual file left on the theta is like 1700 pix tall when exported off theta.
Post 2 IP   flag post
What? The downsizing is ridiculous! Guess they're doing all they can to differentiate it from their own cameras. Bummer.
Post 3 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright @zacharysmiller Matterport does trigger an HDR image off of the Theta. We do not reduce the resolution of the image in the Theta Z1 or any of the 360 cameras contrary to rumors. The cameras display the image resolution is captures and there is no way to change that. Come back with any other questions.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@@Jwbuckl thanks for the reply! I get my Z1 in the mail tomorrow and am looking forward to shooting. Thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
@Jwbuckl
It did look like HDR was deployed. Frankly, I can't see a lot of difference between all the modes when shot with Theta app.
You're right. Something odd must have happened when I downloaded my first MP image.

Theta camera resolution is 6720x3360.
MP scans are saved on the Theta and when transferred via the Theta app are the same size!
My apologizes.
Stills extracted from workshop however:
shot at 70% are 4334x2438.
shot at 90% (usable angle): 3371x1896.
When cropped to 3:2 ratio, they'll be a little smaller horizontally of course, but still plenty good for MLS, etc. Sharpness varies.

Since the workshop image is a crop of the full cylindrical panorama, I reckon the workshop images are full Theta resolution. Good and thanks MP.
Post 6 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
No worries Gents! Just trying to help. These cameras are new to all of us. Happy scanning!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Jwbuckl Thanks for clarifying. Much appreciated. Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101636 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?