Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 674 Unique Visitors
9,057 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,711 Page Views | 19,043 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingPro2

This MSP is Buying a Pro2 Camera Today: How I Answered His Questions9310

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A WGAN Member reached out to me today (Thursday, 9 May 2019) - that has multiple Matterport cameras shooting residential real estate - to let me know:

1. "I'm buying a Matterport Pro2 today. Is there any link I can use to get you [the] commission?"
2. "I read several articles earlier today. I have about 400 [Matterport] models hosted on the classic. It seemed it was the best to keep my subscription as is?"

I wrote back:

1. I wish I had a Matterport affiliate link
2. Keep the Matterport Classic Plan AND buy a Matterport Pro Plan at $69 monthly (or $704 annually). Use the new pricing plan for unlimited uploads/processing at no charge.
3. Then move the models to your Classic plan.
4. Move Classic models that can be archived to your new Matterport Pro Plan

This combo will save this Matterport Pro $$$$$ on processing. Archiving will save Pro on hosting.

Note that this only works because this MSP Matterport 3D Tours do not need to be active for long.

Clear as mud?

Does this strategy work for you(too)?

See more here:

How to game the new Matterport Pricing

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree 100% on having the 2 plans. The ability to make samples with more than 2 scans will be a big help in selling. Also, the archive feature will help with commercial real estate spaces that go off and on the market.

My question is do you think they will charge a fee to move a scan from New to Classic knowing that the MSP is getting around the upload fee? Wouldn't be the end of the world if they did but would be a great bonus if they didn't.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @foxwrth13
My question is do you think they will charge a fee to move a scan from New to Classic knowing that the MSP is getting around the upload fee? Wouldn't be the end of the world if they did but would be a great bonus if they didn't.

While anything is possible, I would be surprised if Matterport would charge a transfer fee to move from Matterport New Pricing from Matterport Classic Pricing.

My impression is that Matterport wants to migrate - eventually - everyone to Matterport New Pricing. Grandfathering in existing Members – but enabling them to have a second account – will eventually lead to the Pro making the transition.

That's because:

1. Eventually, the Pro will be able to migrate all models to new from old and archive
2. Eventually, the Pro will be charging hosting, support and maintenance to justify the new Matterport pricing
3. Matterport already has enough of a firestorm to deal with: unlikely to want to deal with more pain

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
As long as they keep allowing the overages on the classic plans I have no problem paying for the new plan in addition to the old one. Would have liked a few more collaborator accounts but ya can't have everything. I think what has MSPs the most worried is the uncertainty of whatever business model they are using will still be viable in the future.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101762 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?