Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingMatterport SalesMatterport Support

Matterport sales lack of professionalism9302

Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I phoned matterport sales to make to try and find out why they do not have a monthly option for their business offering. I am in the position where I would have to select that option. Besides the fact that they told me too bad, and that I should save up to pay the yearly subscription, I was really not impressed that the salesperson laughed when I said I was on the "classic" basic plan. That means that they really are not interested in small business. (Wait isn't it small business week, this week?)
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
This is how Matterport has acted as a company since day one, they won't change nor will they get any better at this and I hope they read this but again they won't care.
I put one of my different e mails address's on a tour last week and they have already contacted me to buy a camera... Loser's
Post 2 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
There were never a time when Matterport sales staff was professional. In fact, I don´t remember a single time where Matterport management was professional.

The only group that does something when it is needed is the customer support unit. The sales staff are liars and don´t have a real sense of what it means to deal with customers (by the way, those customers are the guys paying their food...)
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasMeyers
I put one of my different e mails address's on a tour last week and they have already contacted me to buy a camera... /quote]

Can you clarify where in the tour that you added your (different) email address that was ten used to contact you to buy a Camera? Was the email personally sent by a Matterport Sales person or part of an eBlast that you got added to?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
I put it in the normal place on the tour as a contact like I do with my wife's e-mail on her tours (as she is a Realtor)
Oh yes it was a personal e mail to me with the the same crap they always use to sell our clients cameras.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DouglasMeyers

Can you forward the email to me (DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com)?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Don 't keep those, but next time I will for sure keep it and copy to the forum.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DouglasMeyers

Okay. If you can locate it in your trash, that would be a huge help.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Sorry I dump trash once a week...
Post 9 IP   flag post
3D_Hoffa private msg quote post Address this user
I think the sales team is a product of their environment.

Interesting read on Glassdoor about Matterport... Right to where one person spills the beans about management encouraging only good reviews about them. One even talks about having to compete with professional photographers for sales.

Might be the reason they try to poach them out of accounts.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I'm about to give them a 1 star on Google Maps and rip them as I should. I am in the top 1% in my city as far as Google Local Guides goes; level 9, it's a permanent blemish, and rightfully deserved.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@GETMYVR Good for you! I have done the same and encourage everyone else to share their experience. They will only listen and perhaps fix the issues if we band together.

Just go to Google maps and search Matterport. There are 3 listings that I see. Voice your opinion!
Post 12 IP   flag post
AnthonyOptic private msg quote post Address this user
They seem to me to be more like secondhand car salesmen, saying absolutely anything to you in order to make a sale, including bold faced lies.

Spoke to someone a few weeks ago, as we are getting close to needing two Matterport Camera's. I told him I was actually going to be purchasing a BLK 360 first then buying a second Matterport camera when he told me that the Matterport can do everything that the BLK can do, and that is works in direct sunshine, and that it can scan up to 400,000 SQ Ft! When I quite rightly challenged him, he told me I didn't know what I was talking about. The first salesman I spoke to did exactly the same thing, I asked if any newer model camera's were going be coming out, he said no, then two weeks later the Pro 2 came out.

At this point I would rather buy another camera from eBay than the sales team, just so they don't get their commission.

I do find it hard to fault the support team though, the UK ones anyway as that's who I deal with.
Post 13 IP   flag post
This post is important and should not be buried *bump*
Post 14 IP   flag post
101421 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?