Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,050 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingPricing

New Matterport Pricing a Sham!9291

JCHAFE private msg quote post Address this user
I was actually a little excited for a few minutes..."no more model processing fees.Period"....lol

The plans do not allow for near enough active models to be hosted for a slow market.

Lets reverse engineer this pricing to see if this benefits us, the end user.

In a real estate market in which the average days to sell have been north of 100, its not uncommon for me to host 6 months worth of tours. The plan that allows me to host 250 divided by 6 months, I would max out that hosting plan doing just 40 a month.

40 a month would cost me approx. $800 a month under my current plan that allows me to host up to 300.
Yes, the new pricing would only cost me $600 a month but this is my problem.

Currently if I do not process a model in a given month, it only costs me $150, now, those same months will still cost me $600. So when I travel the month of December, and there are no listings in January, two months of inactivity will cost me $1200 with no revenue.

The few dollars I could possibly save during the busy months will be wiped out by slower months.

Final analysis...at best, this new pricing will still cost me the same or more per model as my original plan, and now I will have to pay almost $10k up front!

NO MORE PROCESSING FEES....ha, get over yourself Matterport, acting like this was a big announcement to furture our success!!

John
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
the plan is per month. it's a great idea. i've been on this thing all year. I have 800 tours and am paying less per month than I was last year with old billing. and it's set in stone until next january. why is everyone so paranoid about Matterport?
Post 2 IP   flag post
The new pricing is not per month according to the email I received, its paid for annually. No paranoia here, just a price breakdown for my circumstances, and this doesn't benefit me in the least!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I found this to be the calculation I most identified with.

I currently pay $999 for 200 models under 100 scans (these are not "free" models). These models were paid for whether I used them or not with no roll over each month with a max tier of 7 models per month which had under 100 scans in the model. There was once a time scans over 100 were treated as two models until a few months ago.

Once maxed out at 200 "models", I have to pay $7188/yr for a new agreement to get an equivalent at 200+ future models not continually staying alive that will be separate from my previous agreement of longstanding customers.

We have not been clarified on whether grandfathered users being allowed to pay for a second grandfather'd agreement to mimic the 1st agreement. Nor has disclosure been given to share which overage cost grandfathers MSP's will be given for scans over 100 - 199 or for how long. Not to mention if we never agree to new terms when grandfathering runs out when the current Terms of Service allows Matterport to adjust at any time.

7188/999 = 7.1951 = 700% increase in a cost of doing business to stay alive with Matterport.

Gas prices recently soared, Adobe just hiked, and now this. Caution
Post 4 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
At over $7000 a year, they shouldn't put a 250 limit on the number of active tours that you can have at any one time..... I for one think it should be half that ($3500) for unlimited active tours, especially for something thats done in the cloud.

I have thousands of Vimeo Videos that will forever be on my Real Estate Agents Tour template which will always be active ready to play even after Im dead. I don't get charged extra by Vimeo.....

Why can't it be like that with the 3D Tours as long as you are on their plan? I know 3D is the latest and greatest, but thats why we already pay a premium already for it.

I see the two Majors in the 3D Tour Biz (Matterport and GEOcv) kinda being like AT&T and MCI were when AT&T was the only choice in town and then along came MCI. Sky high pricing.

I was with AT&T and I swore that I would never go back to them after feeling raped for 18 years. I Left them back in 2008 and haven't looked back at them since and never will. Same with Xfinity (Comcast). As soon as I had the option of Fibre at my door, I switched.

I was Hoping that GEOcv was going to be the savior on pricing but they joined the greedy group too. And where is MCI now? 'MC' who I hear! Yeah exactly, LOL. I believe that will be GEOcv unless they seriously re-structure their pricing.

In a few years time when 3D tech is common place and there is no Duopoly on it, people do remember that, right Motorala ($3500 mobile brick phone).
Post 5 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Classic Matterport Play, they just restructured the way they screw, thats all.....
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @JCHAFE
The new pricing is not per month according to the email I received, its paid for annually. No paranoia here, just a price breakdown for my circumstances, and this doesn't benefit me in the least!

The new Matterport Professional pricing tier can be paid monthly or annually. (You save about 15 percent with the annual plan)

The new Matterport Business plan tier can only be paid annually. I could imagine that Matterport will get enough push-back on this that they will eventually offer a monthly payment option.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
Once maxed out at 200 "models", I have to pay $7188/yr for a new agreement to get an equivalent at 200 future models not continually staying alive that will be separate from my previous agreement of longstanding customers.

We have not been clarified on whether grandfathered users being allowed to pay for a second grandfather'd agreement to mimic the 1st agreement. Nor has disclosure been given to share which overage cost grandfathers MSP's will be given for scans over 100 - 199 or for how long. Not to mention if we never agree to new terms when grandfathering runs out when the current Terms of Service allows Matterport to adjust at any time.

7188/999 = 7.1951 = 700% increase in a cost of doing business to stay alive with Matterport.

Gas prices recently soared, Adobe just hiked, and now this. Caution

@VTLV

Yes. Unless you could archive a ton of your 200 models, switching to $7,188/year makes no sense for you. The good news is that you are grandfathered in at the original pricing.

It's unlikely that Matterport would grandfather in a new, second grandfathered account.

About Matterport spaces with 100+ scans:

1. Old pricing: will (likely) count towards free processing (Please ask Support and let us know)
2. New pricing: unlimited uploading and processing regardless of number of scans

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Old pricing is an odd one. This past month we were told our models over 100 scans would incur an additional cost not allowing our seven 100 scan models to roll over for one model. We would have to pay additional over the 100 scans. Feels like being stuck in La Brea Tar.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Yes $38 US for scans over 100. Scroll down it’s at the bottom. So this is still happening on the classic plan. 😀
Post 10 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry here is the link.
https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021659234-Price-List-for-Classic-Cloud-Plans
Post 11 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod The matterport support page shows monthly payment amounts for the starter, professional, and professional plus plans, but only show a hyphen on the monthly side of the business and business plus plan. It kind of indicates that a monthly payment is not available for these?

That $7200usd is almost $10,000can, I won't be paying that upfront!
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@JCHAFE

About the Matterport new pricing:

Professional

➑️ $69 per month ($704 annually: saves 15 percent) – up to 25 Matterport 3D Tours active
– $129 per month ($1,316 annually: saves 15 percent) – up to 50 Matterport 3D Tours active

Business

➑️ $3,228 annually (not available monthly) – up to 100 Matterport 3D Tours active
➑️ $7,188 annually (not available monthly) – up to 250 Matterport 3D Tours active

While the Professional plan has month-to-month and an annual plan, the Business plan only offers annual plan (though the Matterport new pricing page expresses what the amount would be, if paid monthly (which you can not; presently).

I could imagine as Matter reads this discussion, they will decide to revisit offering a monthly plan for Business. Not every Pro is prepared to pay out USD $7,188 plus camera, plus everything else.

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know if you can have multiple professional plans?
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@rzphotoman

You can have multiple Matterport New Pricing Plans and keep your existing Matterport Classic Plan.

Does that answer your question?

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I think they are killing a "business tours" part. Why would I want to do a business tour now with such a small amount of active models allowed?

It is not a property tour that you can deactivate after the property is sold. Tours for businesses are meant to be active "forever".

So it is back to charging your business client some hosting fee just not to screw up yourself. Before you needed to do to overcome hosted models limit, not it is for overcoming active model limits.

And I do agree with someone saying that for $7000/year you should at least be offered unlimited active models.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Could not agree more with you.

The problem is I don't charge my clients hosting. As the hosting is cheap enough to not charge them monthly or yearly. I have two clients with 60 models that I have done 3 years ago for them and never charged them hosting as I made enough money from them to sustain this plan. They are not in Real Estate at all, so their models need to be active all the time.

But then with the new desperate MSPs coming into the market dropping the pricing and screwing everyones business as they are desperate to make coins rather than dollars. And do not have a clue to sell the value of the product or themselves. I think these guys must first go on a sales and marketing course before buying a camera or getting into this business. Because its a joke how they are acting like cheap ladies of the night and cheapening this service offering, they are screwing themselves out of so much money. But that's what you get when you are cheap and dumb.

Secondly it is way to much invoicing and collecting of say $7 a month for hosting from 200+ clients its just dumb business model. Yes maybe charge them once yearly. But if you don't do enough tours to make the money to cover even these small fees then is this business for you? And what other services are you offering to support your Matterport business.

Yes for $7000 , give me unlimited tours and processing, and watch how we go to 10 000 000 tours in under a year. But its not a perfect world.
Post 17 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
I think they are killing a "business tours" part. Why would I want to do a business tour now with such a small amount of active models allowed?

It is not a property tour that you can deactivate after the property is sold. Tours for businesses are meant to be active "forever".

I think you've definitely hit the nail on the head for this market segment, @Wingman, I can see many Matterport pros refusing this line of work for this very reason.

For me, the rise in pricing was inevitable, especially with their move towards camera agnosticism undoubtedly affecting Pro2 and Pro2 Lite (now missing in action?!) sales, what I never thought was inevitable was the dramatic reduction in the number of active spaces across the pro tiers.

How is this good for their ecosystem?!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
@PeterMcCready. I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't it behoove them to want as many active Matterport tours live for anyone to see? I mean, who takes down a video from youtube (Unless its at the request of a new owner)?
Post 19 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely @hometakes. From a UK pricing perspective, once the grandfathering is over I can't see many pros currently juggling 100 spaces opting to increase their annual hosting from Β£399 to Β£2,580 in order to maintain the same degree of functionality!

I wish they'd spend less time working on naked cash grabs and more on building the next generation of pro camera (increased range please!) with a properly thought out hosting plan that benefits all, it's not much to ask.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
Are you listening Matterport/GEOcv? Pigs πŸ– get fat but Hogs πŸ— get slaughtered. When other companies that can do what you guys are doing, there will be an exodus. And if you think that your too big to fail, just ask World Wide Kodak.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Share how you feel about the Matterport New Pricing and ask questions of two Matterport executives.

Please join the Town Hall discussion today (Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 5 pm EDT (GMT -4)

Join the Town Hall Live
Post 22 IP   flag post
101620 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?