Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
6DOFOculusOculus QuestQuestVirtual Reality

Oculus Quest with Matterport VR?9260

Tette99 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone tried the Oculus Quest with Matterport VR? With the new 6DOF does it make the user more immersive or perhaps even be able to WALK in the models?
Post 1 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
As far as I know I have not heard anything re: Matterport supporting Oculus. I have experimented with InstaVR to get panorama tours into Oculus Go - http://www.instavr.co/ At least with InstaVR you can add extras and video. Even if Matterport comes to Oculus - I doubt Matterport would be able to do much beyond showing the tour. I don't see much demand for it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
The Oculus Quest isn't out for another few weeks, but I did pre-order one and plan to use it with Matterport.... not so much for the VR walkthroughs, but rather to do videos from within photospheres taken from the Matterport.

Example:

I figure it'll be a great tool to promote the spaces. As far as I understand, you can't do your typical Matterport walkthrough this way, but you can step into any part of the Matterport tours by saving 360 images and then while you yourself are in VR you can jump from room to room by switching out the photo spheres.

I'll know more after my headset arrives in approx 3 weeks time and I can try it out for myself!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

Thanks for sharing the video with Emily.

Wow!

I can't wait for the future to arrive!

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod From what I understand, she is using Facebook Spaces and bringing in 360º photospheres which she can swap out to change the "environment". You could have someone else with a headset who resides anywhere else in the world meet you in that space and it would be like you are in the same room together. Definitely a neat feature for a remote real estate showing, but certainly being able to "broadcast" a video from within the VR space is what I'm interested in. I'm just curious how you load all the photospheres/images/other media in to the VR space.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D

I look forward to seeing what you create with broadcast meets VR meets Matterport.

VR can open doors with an extra WOW! WOW! WOW!

3D Tours gets the orders.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hopscotch private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, so glad that folks are excited about using VR with Matterport and other immersive media. It's still TBD if Oculus Quest will have Spaces at launch, but we are all hoping for this. I think it would be harder to make what I did if it wasn't on a PC, but maybe Quest will be able to do it. I will work with Dan to share with people some of the ways to use VR as I did above with the team at 3D Business Solutions, and with my work at Hopscotch Interactive. Remember, "The future is already here, it's just not very evenly distributed" - Gibson

Emily
Post 7 IP   flag post
RealityCapturer private msg quote post Address this user
Hello! Has anyone had any luck getting Matterport data into the Oculus Quest?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@RealityCapturer
I had one Pre-ordered hoping to make Facebook Spaces videos with it, but unfortunately that app isn’t available on the device... at least not yet. Which is very surprising as Facebook owns Oculus.

I will say that I absolutely love the Quest and almost every guest through my house is offered to try out one experience or another with it... but we haven’t discovered any Matterport applications yet.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101429 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?