Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Exceptionally ExceptionalGood EnoughMarketingPPAStrategyVersus

PPA: "Good Enough" versus Exceptionally Exceptional"9247

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Great read about the importance of client referrals and how to active them to refer you ...

PPA (25 April 2019) Photographers Must Outpace Expectations to Succeed, Study Shows

Highlights

'“Good enough is not good enough,” says photographer, author, and business coach Jeffrey Shaw, Cr.Photog. And consumer research commissioned by PPA confirms it."

'“Meeting people’s expectations creates silence,” says Shaw. Even clients who perceive your work as exceptional may not sing your praises. “The only way to actually get someone to refer you is to be exceptionally exceptional.”'

Source: PPA

What are you doing - will be doing – to be :Exceptionally Exceptional" ...?

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I've had the opportunity to sub contract out-of-area work to a dozen or so MSPs over the last few years and I can tell which ones go the extra mile and which ones do the absolute bare minimum. I've shaken my head at some of the sub-par work people have try to pass off. (e.g., entire areas behind kitchen counters or side of bed that are left unscanned leaving un-navigable areas and big holes in dollhouse view).

When other work comes up that I can sub out I will deal again with the ones who have left favorable impressions and try to find other options to not deal with the "good enough" MSPs.

For crying out loud, folks... when in doubt, add an extra scan!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
While it does help to be "Exceptionally Exceptional", I think the that key to getting referrals is to practice the "Habit of doing more than paid for" (as outlined in The Law of Success by Napoleon Hill). The Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla are the best selling cars in America, but they are not Exceptionally Exceptional. McDonald's has sold the most hamburgers, but this food is far less than exceptional.

The key to getting referrals is to meet and charge for a reasonable standard of quality (delivered product, customer service, timeliness) and then deliver more than what was expected. Now, I am not saying that you should give away freebies, but you can add value to your clients in other ways. As a real estate photographer, I see thousands of homes, but most of the agents that I work for may only list 10 homes in a year. I can provide them staging tips, marketing tips and advice on how their property compares to others I have photographed. Adding value like this does not cost me anything, but the insight and perspective that I can provide my clients is invaluable. There are many that can take a decent picture, but being the expert in the field and adding value to your client, beyond photos, will win you referrals far more often than taking "better" pictures than the competition.

Just a thought,
JonJ
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ Well said. Small items like putting down the lid to the toilet seat before you take the bathroom scan don't cost you anything but can make a huge difference to final product. (Pro tip: Learn how to use your foot to lower the lid so you don't have to touch someone else's toilet with your hands... this assumes you wear indoor shoes to scans and aren't barefoot!)
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Zapier (6 August 2019) When Perfect Is (and Isn't) the Enemy of Good
Post 5 IP   flag post
101636 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?