Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AccessoriesBuy MatterportGearHard CaseMyCaseBuilderShopping List

How much for a Matterport Camera, Case, iPad, Gear and Accessories?9232

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: "Well-equipped, moderate budget starter set for Matterport" curated by WGAN Forum Founder Dan Smigrod

Hi All,

A potential Matterport Service Provider reached out to me with a lengthy list of questions, including "... can you recommend a well equipped, moderate budget starter set for me for purchase on Amazon?"

A Matterport Pro2 3D Camera, case, iPad and related, gear, accessories in my shopping list is about $10,000 (including an estimated $733 in tax and $1,000 annually in additional processing charges).

The Maestro Hard Case – I designed in conjunction with the case design team at MyCaseBuilder.com – neatly holds all the gear and accessories.

My Maestro case is loaded and ready for the next Matterport shoot.

And, while the potential MSP specifies a moderate budget, I could imagine that you might take me for task on including the top-of-the line 10.5" Apple iPad, 256 GB, Wi-Fi + Cellular. If you are serious about getting started as a MSP, best to buy the right gear to get started.

How would you modify this shopping list for Matterport Camera, Case, iPad, Gear and Accessories to make it a "moderate budget for a starter set"?

When deciding to pull-the-trigger on getting started with Matterport, it's easy to fixate on just the price the camera. While you may already have an iPad, you'll want one dedicated to just Matterport for multiple reasons. And, because you will constantly carrying your iPad (while likely moving your Matterport Camera + tripod), you'll want the Apple Care+ insurance. And, on and on.

I remember when I bought some tropical fish thinking they were so in expensive. (Which they were!) It's just that when you start buying a pump, gravel, plants, light, food, etc., the costs add up.

If you are not prepared to invest $10,000 to get started, consider engaging a Matterport Matterport Service Provider instead (until you are busy enough to justify the investment.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
And that’s U.S. pricing. Goes up significantly when you add exchange. 😬
Post 2 IP   flag post
101429 2 2